Room assignment

What makes you think your reassigned room location would be any better? They aren’t going to let you choose your GTY room location. If location is important to you, you probably shouldn’t book a GTY cabin next time. You cannot think you get to have both the lower GTY price and get to be reassigned to cabin location that pleases you.  If you wanted the later, you should have paid for it.

Don't listen to Ryan, once you've been assigned you can call and asked to be moved to any other same category cabin available, as many times as you want.

I've done this several times, once I even got an "upgrade" without asking and without paying anything extra from an Inside to a Virtual Balcony but YMMV.

Good for Carlos that things worked out for him in the past. This isn’t the past. Cruise ships are at 100%+ capacity these days so switching a GTY cabin to a better location after you board the ships isn’t as easy as it used to be. Pretty hard to switch to a better cabin, if they don’t exist. Even if there is availability, you will get even worse options than when your cabin was assigned. You are banking on people with better locations being no-shows. Good luck depending on that!! 

6 hours ago, Ryan79 said:

Good for Carlos that things worked out for him in the past. This isn’t the past. Cruise ships are at 100%+ capacity these days so switching a GTY cabin to a better location after you board the ships isn’t as easy as it used to be. Pretty hard to switch to a better cabin, if they don’t exist. Even if there is availability, you will get even worse options than when your cabin was assigned. You are banking on people with better locations being no-shows. Good luck depending on that!! 

In my case,"The past" was yesterday so...😆

You don't have to wait to be on board to do this, do it now. Call.

We were lucky we went with GTY as it was 600€ cheaper for two inside cabins than pick your own €150pp.

We got Deck 9 on explorer with virtual balcony right next to each other. 

I would have definitely called to see had I been given what I consider a "poor" cabin. Although I have to say any cabin on a cruise ship is better than no cruise. 

See thread: Crown loft continual hammering.

Don't assume any particular cabin will be better or worse because of location (or price). 

I always get a gty and never ask to change in advance. You truly never know in advance what will be a quiet cabin and what won't. 

There could be a wall of closets between yours and that area next to you. It might actually be better. You could be jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire. 

Or you could find a bad review for the specific cabin you got and then ask to be moved. As I said, YMMV

I had assigned an interior cabin that had some reviews that described it as a very noisy cabin, specially in the early morning, so I just called and asked to be moved to another cabin that didn't had that problem.

16 minutes ago, Carlos A. said:

Or you could find a bad review for the specific cabin you got and then ask to be moved. As I said, YMMV

I had assigned an interior cabin that had some reviews that described it as a very noisy cabin, specially in the early morning, so I just called and asked to be moved to another cabin that didn't had that problem.

But then you could have found yourself in the cabin next to the family from hell. You just really never know what worse is then waiting around the corner.

1 hour ago, CanHardlyWait said:

But then you could have found yourself in the cabin next to the family from hell. You just really never know what worse is then waiting around the corner.

Yes but one noisy neighbor is a random chance, a structural noise problem is a certainty.