Quantum vs Oasis Class ships

I've already made my decision: booked Transatlantic on Symphony. Main pros for Oasis class were Central Park, Boardwalk and the Aqua Theatre. I have to admit I'd also love to have an 270 on Symphony - that'd be my main pro on Quantum class. I wouldn't really use Seaplex or Ripcord, so I won't miss it on Symphony. I'm not so sure about the North Star - maybe I'd enjoy it once but that should be more than enough - I'm quite afraid of heights. As for DD vs. MTD, I don't really care because we wouldn't do reservations anyways.

I was very interested in Quantum back before it launched but at this point barely remember that RCI has the Q Class and have no real interest in trying one. Very interested in trying Harmony though (probably 3-5 more years and it will be in my price range!) so I guess its O class for my vote as well.

I've been thinking about this as well. So far I've been on Radiance Class only (Serenade in 2004, Brilliance in August this year)  and looking forward to trying one of the bigger (biggest) ships  

I'm thinking about going on the Symphony in 2019. Specifically Symphony because she'll most likely have a pool in the solarium (unlike Harmony). 

And to stay on topic: Quantum Class is lacking a lot of Royal Caribbean standard features like the ice rank, Viking Crown lounge (it was so recognizable for Royal ships) and a traditional main dining room. 

On top of that, Oasis Class features Central Park, Aqua Theater/Boardwalk, Ultimate Abbyss (On the latest two). 

While Quantum has the very cool multi-purpose venue Two70°, the North Star and the RipCord, I feel like at least the two latter are not something I'd enjoy more than once. 

Besides that, most of the Quantum ships sail in Asia/Oceania and that's way too far away for me haha. Only option would be Anthem in New York. 

I've not been on an Oasis ship yet - we're booked for Symphony next October.  We sailed on Anthem at the beginning of this month.  We did love the Music Hall, and while Two70 is a cool venue, it's not a deal breaker for me.  We did the RipCord, but I wouldn't do it again.  We also did the NorthStar.  It was neat to ride, but - again - not anything I will miss or something I would use as a deciding factor.

I know people have vastly differing opinions on this, but I personally missed not having the MDR.  With a MDR, you tend to sit at the same table every night, so your wait staff gets to know you & your preferences.  When you have different seating each night, you lose that personal touch.

Another thing I was not a fan of, but will be the same for Oasis are the larger production shows.  I didn't think the shows were all that fantastic, so I kinda missed the corny cruise-ship performances by the RC Singers & Dancers.

3 hours ago, Stephanie said:

I know people have vastly differing opinions on this, but I personally missed not having the MDR.  With a MDR, you tend to sit at the same table every night, so your wait staff gets to know you & your preferences.  When you have different seating each night, you lose that personal touch.

I thought Anthem reinstated traditional dining, and you were assigned to either Grande or Chic for the whole time so that you once again had a fixed table and wait staff? Even before that, wasn't there "Dynamic Dining Classic", where you still had the same wait staff even though you rotated between the restaurants?

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/09/12/royal-caribbean-abandons-dynamic-dining-anthem-of-the-seas

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/2016/07/16/everything-you-need-know-about-dynamic-dining-classic

15 hours ago, JLMoran said:

I thought Anthem reinstated traditional dining, and you were assigned to either Grande or Chic for the whole time so that you once again had a fixed table and wait staff? Even before that, wasn't there "Dynamic Dining Classic", where you still had the same wait staff even though you rotated between the restaurants?

I believe Stephanie is referring to the debate between Traditional Dining and My Time Dining.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I believe Stephanie is referring to the debate between Traditional Dining and My Time Dining.

Oh, OK. I thought she was following up on the comment about lack of a main dining room from @DutchmanOfTheSeas. I took it as her saying how with the MDR you have the same table and wait staff, and on Quantum class that has no MDR you lose that. Which was why I got confused, since Quantum class does now have fixed table seating and staff again for those who choose traditional dining.