Bringing Soda onboard????

DoItAllDad74

Does anyone do this? I have only ever flown to a cruise and never carried drinks or wine onboard with us (also always get the deluxe beverage package).  My next cruise is shorter and with a teen so I don't plan to get the deluxe package--I can't imagine walking around for hours and navigating Windjammer with a 12 pack of Diet Coke (though I would love to have those drinks handy through the cruise!).  How practical is it to carry on wine and a 12 pack?  Any tips? 

47 minutes ago, letscruise said:

Does anyone do this? I have only ever flown to a cruise and never carried drinks or wine onboard with us (also always get the deluxe beverage package).  My next cruise is shorter and with a teen so I don't plan to get the deluxe package--I can't imagine walking around for hours and navigating Windjammer with a 12 pack of Diet Coke (though I would love to have those drinks handy through the cruise!).  How practical is it to carry on wine and a 12 pack?  Any tips? 

I've done it, but haven't since reaching diamond. I would put it in a carry on sized roller bag. Be sure to carry it on rather than giving to a porter.

It's a pain,  but doable. I  suggest getting the small 16.9oz bottles instead of cans. You get more and it is resealable 

45 minutes ago, letscruise said:

Not verry practical in my opinion.  I see families doing it and everyone is fighting about who has to carry the soda or water pallet around (no one wants to) until the rooms open.  The soda package is cheap enough that I just scratch my head and wonder why the bother.  Even with my kids, I get them the refreshment package because we are on vacation, and if they want a mocktail pina colada or a milk shake at Johnny Rockets, they can have it.  Wine is a little easier because it is not so bulky or heavy, but we don't really mess with it anymore and just buy a bottle or two on board.

21 minutes ago, DoomSlayer said:

Not verry practical in my opinion.  I see families doing it and everyone is fighting about who has to carry the soda or water pallet around (no one wants to) until the rooms open.  The soda package is cheap enough that I just scratch my head and wonder why the bother.  Even with my kids, I get them the refreshment package because we are on vacation, and if they want a mocktail pina colada or a milk shake at Johnny Rockets, they can have it.  Wine is a little easier because it is not so bulky or heavy, but we don't really mess with it anymore and just buy a bottle or two on board.

Thanks for writing - you made me chuckle picturing the family fighting over who has to carry the drinks! You make very good points, it's just not worth the aggravation.  

We go to the store to pick up soda and 2 bottles of wine the morning of embarkation.  

We bring a small zip up bag to put them in and typically carry on but have left with the porters in the past with no issues.   

Sometimes we have unused water or soda bottles and have given to our room attendant.  Does anyone know if they are allowed to keep them or is there a better way to get rid of them?

• 3 months later...

The danger of resurrecting old threads is that the info can be out of date.  The link from above (https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/food-drink-onboard-policy) has been updated with the latest rules.  The difference is that they changed the amount of wine from 2 bottles per stateroom to 1 bottle per adult.  The general belief is that this change was because a couple could board separately each carrying 2 bottles "for the stateroom" thus managing to actually bring 4 bottles for the stateroom.

The line about soda remains unchanged: "Non-alcoholic beverages may not exceed 12 standard (17 oz.) cans, bottles or cartons per stateroom".  Generally, they don't look as closely at non-alcohol but whether you can bring more is going to depend on luck, the specific security guard you approach, and quite possibly the phase of the moon.