The perfect storm - parent/child ride together?

FamilyH

On 2/12/2023 at 4:24 PM, FamilyH said:

If one of my children do not make the height restrictions can they go with one of their parents? 

Its pretty tight in there, too. It'd be a little tough to get someone on your lap, especially with the little sack they put you in. 

Funny story about water slides -- many years ago, (maybe 30??) took 3 or 4 yo DD to Sesame Place, lots of water rides there, including an inner tube slide. You could do a single person in a donut, or 2 people in a figure 8 tube.  DD too young to go on her own, so I took her, & DH was on the single rider line. That moved faster, so he was done before us and was waiting outside the gate you have to leave by after splashing into the pool at the end of the slide.  DD and I start - I'm in back, she's in front - and she couldn't quite reach around one of my legs to grab the handle on the tube, so she just grabbed my leg.  Off we go, and we're sailing through, going up and down the sides as it curves, until one curve, the tube went up the side, and didn't go down - we got separated from it.  Tube continues down without us, and we continue down as well.  Not sure how, but DD is clinging to my leg, and I grab hold of the top of her bathing suit to keep from getting separated. DH is watching for us, and sees the empty tube come out without us.  He rushes back into the area where the pool is, and jumps in (shoes and all) as we're coming out.  We get separated as we leave the tube and land in the pool area, where she promptly goes under.  Then, one of the lifeguards comes running over to us, offering to help me up - me, who's sitting up perfectly fine (if panicking about my child) in 2 feet of water, instead of the child who went under and didn't pop up.  

Considering the weight differential between us, it's not really surprising that this happened, so I would take seriously any restrictions they make for the ride

3 hours ago, Bowen said:

I think PS is the water ride, right? Are you thinking of Ultimate Abyss? 

We will be going on the explorer of the seas later this year and they’ve updated the app saying “the perfect storm” and has a picture of a water slide. It’s currently dry docked and having some updates done.

We’ve never been on a ship with a slide so this is all new to us!