Wonder OTS- Tap factory? Bone Breaker?

NoobCruise

About a year ago when I was eagerly watching WOS launch youtube videos I think I saw a Ben and David video describing Tap factory.  They seemed to enjoy the show except for one part. In the video they showed and described one performer who came on stage and proceeded to go some shoulder-dislocating "bone breaker" dance. To not mince words I found the video I watched disturbing. From what I saw in their video it was nothing that I want to watch and definitely nothing I want my 5-year-old son to see.  I was watching these Wonder inaugural videos knowing that one day I would be on that ship going to this entertainment. When I saw the "bone breaker" guy I thought to myself, "well I don't need to worry about that since clearly, royal caribbean will  have received  so much negative feedback that this part of the show certainly won't be part of it when I am on the ship in a year's time." Fast forward to today a year later. We will be on Wonder in two weeks. Does Tap Factory still have the dislocation dancer?

Edited by NoobCruise
poor sentence structure

13 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

That's horrible. I guess they don't request enough feedback about the entertainment. If they did clearly Cat's would have been off of Oasis a long time time ago. This appears to be a blind spot for Royal.

Turns out that what people like isn't universal.  One person's trash is another person's treasure.  

2 hours ago, Xaa said:

Turns out that what people like isn't universal.  One person's trash is another person's treasure.  

I don't think it's that at all.  It is very expensive to bring in a Broadway production show and takes months for the cast to prepare.  Now, Tap Factory isn't Broadway, and it is Wonder of the Seas least expensive production show.  Voices, Effectors 2, 365, and Intense were more expensive in scope, scale and sets.  The workers are contracted with the cruise line.  The contortionist is a huge part of the show.  He wouldn't be able to be removed from the show.  If anyone has seen it, they would know what I mean.  I wouldn't want to say anything here to ruin it for someone watching it for the first time.  I do think the show is worth going to once.  All the other shows, are shows I would see over and over again.  Wonder is loaded with very good entertainment. 

1 hour ago, NoobCruise said:

Oh no. I had hoped to cover my son's eyes for 90 seconds. If this is not the case I think we will just skip the whole show.

You can cover your son's eyes - I've seen the show at least 4 times. He is an excellent entertainer throughout the show and goes into his contortion routine a couple of times. I could not watch, myself, but there are many people, including children, that are absolutely enthralled (I watched the audience instead of the stage). There are a lot of great reasons to see the show even if you don't like contortionists.

2 hours ago, FloatyBoaty said:

You can cover your son's eyes - I've seen the show at least 4 times. He is an excellent entertainer throughout the show and goes into his contortion routine a couple of times. I could not watch, myself, but there are many people, including children, that are absolutely enthralled (I watched the audience instead of the stage). There are a lot of great reasons to see the show even if you don't like contortionists.

Good to know Floaty. Thank you. It should be noted there are plenty of people, my son included, who would love to watch Faces of Death 13 that doesn't mean they should.

19 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

That's horrible. I guess they don't request enough feedback about the entertainment. If they did clearly Cat's would have been off of Oasis a long time time ago. This appears to be a blind spot for Royal.

Aren't the Broadway shows on like a 10-year contract? 

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Since I posted this message I have seen the show in person, and while I am ashamed to admit initially I did try to cover my 5 year olds eyes during the bone breaking I quickly realized it would draw more attention to it. It was fine. Maybe the bone breaking was toned down after launch or maybe since my boy enjoyed it I cared less about it. There were definitely noticable "ooohs" from the audience (for lack of a better word) in disgust at certain moments. All that said I would see the show again. 

It's pretty lame and I found the shirtless gymnast far more offensive than the bone breaker. I didn't appreciate the show being wordless.

2 hours ago, NoobCruise said:

Since I posted this message I have seen the show in person, and while I am ashamed to admit initially I did try to cover my 5 year olds eyes during the bone breaking I quickly realized it would draw more attention to it. It was fine. Maybe the bone breaking was toned down after launch or maybe since my boy enjoyed it I cared less about it. There were definitely noticable "ooohs" from the audience (for lack of a better word) in disgust at certain moments. All that said I would see the show again. 

It's pretty lame and I found the shirtless gymnast far more offensive than the bone breaker. I didn't appreciate the show being wordless.

Yeah the show is no good. The only redeeming feature of the show is the contortionist. They should have saved a few bucks and just made this guy an elevator feature like the mobile piano player. 

2 minutes ago, tonyfsu21 said:

Yeah the show is no good. The only redeeming feature of the show is the contortionist. They should have saved a few bucks and just made this guy an elevator feature like the mobile piano player. 

LoL. I will politely disagree. I don't want to be anywhere near these separated shoulders or dislocated joints.