If you have Early Dining

CMurphy

You won’t be able to change for those 2 days. If you needed flexible dining times, then you book MTD. You don’t get to pick and choose which days you get MTD perks and which days you want traditional dining perks. Those who pick MTD don’t have the option to just change to traditional dining because it’s more convenient on certain nights. It goes both ways. You have to pick one or the other option and stick to it. 

It floors me that folks are saying the equivalent of "no can do, sorry about your luck" in this regard as that hasn't been our experience.

We always use the set dining time option and have moved to the other dining time for one or two nights on a number of occasions. If you have the early main seating, it's relatively easy to get a spot at the late seating with your regular wait staff. If you have late seating it's tougher to get a spot at the early time, especially if you want the same waiter and assistant waiter.

No guarantees, but if you speak to your head waiter early on they will do their best to have your request accommodated.

Depending on the restaurant manager...anything is possible. Just make sure you go as soon as you board and make your requests. If there is a way to accommodate you, they will. Of course it can be more difficult if you have a larger party. But I've had changes made for a two top table several times. From early seating to later. On the Anthem, Anton is the manager at the Chic MDR and has taken care of us several times. Good luck!

I have known plenty of people to change their dining time when they board.......just not for one or two nights. With traditional dining you get a set table, but two groups will occupy the same table each night. If the excursion or plans may make them an hour or more late, the staff may not be able to accommodate them. I'm not saying it won't hurt to ask but be prepared to dine at another venue if they cannot.

It may depend on if you are at your own table or with others.  Several years ago, younger DD & DH were going on an excursion that would entail them being too late for our early dining time, which I would be going to with older DD (due to her disability & her being in a wheelchair, Windjammer was tough with just the two of us). Windjammer was a potential problem for them, because younger DD has Celiac, and buffets, even with assistance from the head chef, are problematic for her.  We told our headwaiter the night before, & he told them to just show up when they got back, ask for him, and he would make sure they were taken care of.  Ended up not needing it, since weather cancelled their excursion, but it was helpful to have that as a backup

On 2/7/2023 at 7:34 AM, HeWhoWaits said:

It floors me that folks are saying the equivalent of "no can do, sorry about your luck" in this regard as that hasn't been our experience.

We always use the set dining time option and have moved to the other dining time for one or two nights on a number of occasions. If you have the early main seating, it's relatively easy to get a spot at the late seating with your regular wait staff. If you have late seating it's tougher to get a spot at the early time, especially if you want the same waiter and assistant waiter.

No guarantees, but if you speak to your head waiter early on they will do their best to have your request accommodated.

You are correct that one can almost always get a slot on late dining, as for North American sailings that is the least sought after time slot.

What can almost never be done is to move those 2 nights to use MTD.