Private Photo Session

JNS123

We are considering the idea of doing to the private Photo session for our up coming cruise. Has anyone ever done it before and what was your experience? Did you get to take pictures at Port with the scenery? Was the entire package curated to how you wanted it? And overall how does it go and was it worth it?

I was also curious what are the benefits of doing the private Photo session rather than doing the other packages? Thanks 

We did just such a session about 5 years ago. It was a studio session only. But, in their defense, I wasn't smart enough to ask for anything else. The session lasted about an hour. The photographs b/w only. 

Having said that, they were superb!

The only downside is cost. The photos were sold at an "each" price. It reminded me of my kids school pictures Ponzi scheme. The dozen or so pictures we bought on a thumb drive cost about $1200.

1 hour ago, rjweber3 said:

We did just such a session about 5 years ago. It was a studio session only. But, in their defense, I wasn't smart enough to ask for anything else. The session lasted about an hour. The photographs b/w only. 

Having said that, they were superb!

The only downside is cost. The photos were sold at an "each" price. It reminded me of my kids school pictures Ponzi scheme. The dozen or so pictures we bought on a thumb drive cost about $1200.

Wait, so you have to purchase each photo individually? So they are not included in the package?

16 minutes ago, JNS123 said:

Wait, so you have to purchase each photo individually? So they are not included in the package?

I believe the package is your "sitting fee". I don't recall in lovetocruise's blog if any photos were included. She did list some of the photo package prices though.

@JNS123we just did this in December for NYE. The cost of the session includes the sitting fee and 5 digitals on a USB. The session can be taken in studio or on location (around the ship or PDCC/Labadee). We were on the fence at first but ending up loving it. I have a detailed review in my blog that @melmar02 linked along with prices for additional packages.

IMO, what sets the private session apart from the regular photos is the lighting is slightly better. They will try to upsell you, but the photos do turn out gorgeous. Shipping to your home is included if you purchase a package from them and upon arrival, the canvases were packaged in excellent condition.

58 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

@JNS123we just did this in December for NYE. The cost of the session includes the sitting fee and 5 digitals on a USB. The session can be taken in studio or on location (around the ship or PDCC/Labadee). We were on the fence at first but ending up loving it. I have a detailed review in my blog that @melmar02 linked along with prices for additional packages.

IMO, what sets the private session apart from the regular photos is the lighting is slightly better. They will try to upsell you, but the photos do turn out gorgeous. Shipping to your home is included if you purchase a package from them and upon arrival, the canvases were packaged in excellent condition.

Did you have the option to take pictures in the ports of call? Also, do you think it is worth it to order the canvases from Royal or to just get them printed ourselves back home? And if you don't mind sharing, how much did the canvases cost? 

I also wanted to know, do you take all the photos in one session or can you do them on different days. I assume you could do it multiple times, since from what I have heard you can take pictures in port as well. 

I was looking at your review but there was so much going on it was hard to find what I was looking for. 

14 hours ago, JNS123 said:

Did you have the option to take pictures in the ports of call?

They offered Labadee and Coco Cay as options. Not sure about other ports.

Also, do you think it is worth it to order the canvases from Royal or to just get them printed ourselves back home? And if you don't mind sharing, how much did the canvases cost? 

See Pg. 6 in the blog linked above. Hubby took pics of a bunch of prices. We loved our canvases.

I also wanted to know, do you take all the photos in one session or can you do them on different days.

Yes, the fee covers one session only.

I was looking at your review but there was so much going on it was hard to find what I was looking for. 

See page 6.