Freedom of the Seas Dec 7 — Dec 15, 2024 (8 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)

17 hours ago, FionaMG said:

I'll have to have a really good think about what to do. The real draw for us on this itinerary was Saint Lucia, which none of the alternatives have. But I have to admit I'm tempted by the southern one on Oasis.

14 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

@WhoCruiser, how were the prices on EX compared to what you had on FR ?  

So I had already booked Oasis and Apex in anticipation of this. Both were going to be $1k-$1.5 more. However If my TA can work her magic we will settle for Option 1 to save that $1.5.

Really wanted to go to St Lucia but all the 3 were going to St Kitts and that was the real draw as I have been trying to get there for 3 years now. We should have gone in 2020 but Covid happened.

22 minutes ago, Jolly Ogre said:

So I had already booked Oasis and Apex in anticipation of this. Both were going to be $1k-$1.5 more. However If my TA can work her magic we will settle for Option 1 to save that $1.5.

Really wanted to go to St Lucia but all the 3 were going to St Kitts and that was the real draw as I have been trying to get there for 3 years now. We should have gone in 2020 but Covid happened.

I've asked Michelle to switch us over to Oasis on the 30th in the meantime while I see if I can make the Explorer sailing on the 5th work for us and then I'll make a final decision. Pity, it was such a neat little itinerary. 😕

9 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

I've asked Michelle to switch us over to Oasis on the 30th in the meantime while I see if I can make the Explorer sailing on the 5th work for us and then I'll make a final decision. Pity, it was such a neat little itinerary. 😕

Yeah we are in the same boat but to Dec 14. Michelle will be busy today.

On 6/28/2023 at 6:39 PM, FionaMG said:

Good you're able to finally get moving on this @WhoCruiser. I bet it's a huge relief for you finally to know.

I absolutely agree with you about the fort in SJ. I love it up there. I would like to be able to visit both of the forts but that would be pushing DH's tolerance level for all things historical. 😂

We may end up joining you on Explorer. For the time being, we're switching to the Oasis sailing on the 30th of November while we mull over whether or not we can make Explorer work for us.

TA was able to switch us to OA for the B2B 30 Nov and 8 Dec (same as we paid for the FR cruises).  Saved us (hahaha) about $6,000 for FR to OA.  So we'll see you there if you keep the change.

Best cancellation we've ever had!

16 hours ago, JustMeJoe said:

TA was able to switch us to OA for the B2B 30 Nov and 8 Dec (same as we paid for the FR cruises).  Saved us (hahaha) about $6,000 for FR to OA.  So we'll see you there if you keep the change.

Best cancellation we've ever had!

Not as good as you, but we saved $1200 on the switch from Freedom to Oasis the following week.

Sorry to be late to the party...Was on the Independence when the official cancellation came in. Opted for the 1/25/25 Oasis S. Caribbean. just under $6,000 difference between FR and OA. Already had booked a higher category cabin on 11/16 OA sailing as back up. Was going to take option 3 and cancel but the deal was too good to pass up for the 1/25/25 sailing.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to xCANCELEDx Freedom of the Seas Dec 7 — Dec 15, 2024 (8 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)
  • 1 month later...

So... they have reinstated this cruise and are asking folks if they want to move back to it... Hmm, I'm not sure what to do now. I guess I'll have a think about it so I have an answer for @michelle when she asks me...

"Dear Guest,

We recently communicated to you about the unfortunate cancellation of your upcoming 2024 sailing onboard Freedom of the Seas. This was due to a dry dock we had to schedule, but we’ve got some good news – we were able to adjust our scheduling and your previous sailing will be made available again!

We understand you’ve already selected from the three options we provided in our last communication, but we want to let you know that if you’d like to return to your previous sailing on Freedom of the Seas, we’ve got you. Please see the below options we have for you, depending on what you chose back in July.

If you previously chose to move to a select sailing:

• You are welcome to remain on your current sailing.

Or

• If you’d like to return to your previous Freedom of the Seas sailing, we’ll move you back to a like-for-like stateroom and protect your pricing at your previous cruise fare rate or reduce it to the new cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

If you previously chose to rebook any Royal sailing:

• You are welcome to remain on your current sailing.

Or

• If you’d like to return to your previous Freedom of the Seas sailing, we’ll move you back to a like-for-like stateroom and protect your pricing at your previous cruise fare rate or reduce it to the new cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.
    • If your booking was already paid in full and your cruise fare rate decreases, we’ll provide you with a refund for the difference. You can expect to receive your refund to your original form of payment within 14 business days after we move you. Kindly note, refund times may vary depending on your financial institution.

If you previously chose to cancel your booking:

• If you’d like to return to your previous Freedom of the Seas sailing, we’ll move you back to a like-for-like stateroom and protect the pricing at your previous cruise fare rate or reduce it to the new cruise fare rate (whichever is lower). This excludes taxes, fees, gratuities, and other non-cruise fare items.

If you’d like to return to your previous Freedom of the Seas sailing, please call us at 888-281-9344 or contact your Travel Advisor by October 3rd, 2023. And know, hold times may be longer than usual. If we haven’t heard from you by October 3rd, no changes will be made to your existing booking.

If you have any questions, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at: 

• 1 888 281 9344 in the U.S.
  • 1800 754 500 in Australia / 0800 102 123 in New Zealand
  • In the UK only, by using our webchat service or by calling 0344 493 4005
  • All other countries, please visit http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contactus for your local Royal Caribbean International office phone number.

Thank you for understanding. Whether you choose to rejoin us on the Freedom of the Seas or on another cruise in the future, we have no doubt your time with us will be nothing short of amazing.

Sincerely,

Aurora Yera-Rodriguez
AVP | Guest Experience
Royal Caribbean International"

After all the gaslighting, and all the crap we went through, now this?! Nope, happier where we are now on Explorer on 5 - 15 December, better itinerary, better pricing, almost as nice a ship. If they now turn around and say that Explorer is gonna dissapear into that same phantom zone drydock hell, that'd be it, I'd be off to Carnival or somewhere else instead at this point...

On 9/20/2023 at 6:29 AM, michaelp1446 said:

After much debate, We are going to stick with the previous chosen select sailing... 8 nt Southern Caribbean on Oasis for 6,000 less than what they are selling the stateroom for.  I'll visit St Lucia by plane...🤣

Yup ...same here the following week Dec 14. But i only saved $1200.

• AshleyDillo changed the title to Freedom of the Seas Dec 7 — Dec 15, 2024 (8 Night Southern Caribbean Cruise)