Beach Club?

family#1

If it's in your budget it could be well worth it.  My budget does not inclue $200 per person for my crowded winter break cruise, however it did include the $70 per person for the week following when it is only my daughter and I.  That same $70 per person would not cut it if my family of 6 were sailing. It's all subjective.

I think it is a very nice meal/setting, something you won't get at the other venues on CoCoCay.  
The cost does NOT include drinks.

The beach club is a quieter location, as opposed to Oasis Lagoon Pool,  if you like that.  

If you want a more peaceful, relaxing resort-like experience, then the Coco Beach Club is a good choice. We've been there twice to date and we all had an amazing time. The first time was just my wife and I and this month we went with 4 family/friends. It wasn't crowded either visit, the service was amazing (attendants walking around the infinity pool and beach constantly), the lunch and service was excellent at their restaurant both times. I got the Surf & Turf both times - not on menu, but you can order it! You can come and go throughout the day if you want to explore the rest of the island (they give you bracelets so you can return). We walked the entire island this month after lunch.

With that said... price is everything! The pricing is all over the place! On our Oasis (2021) sailing we got it for $88.99... this month we paid $123.99 and for next OCT's sailing we purchased it last Black Friday for $88.99 once again. It's currently $160.99 for our OCT sailing and $283.99 for our MAY 2024 sailing!

So, as mentioned above, if you can get it close to $100/pp it's well worth it for the infinity pool (which can be heated!) and awesome lunch at the very least. The pool this month was perfect (the ocean, not so much... a little too cold for us)! No shock factor stepping into the pool and it did not feel unusually warm (air temp was 75-77 as a high temp that day). Also, they have plenty of loungers in the shade with umbrellas and many under palm trees.

39 minutes ago, family#1 said:

Thanks so much for the information.  Our cruise isn't until summer of 2024.  I can't see any pricing or excursions offered yet. I have read several posts about black Friday deals. I'm hoping the excursions will be up by then. In general, when do the excursions show up to choose from? Thanks again!

I don't believe they have a set release schedule and the items appear in the planner in phases/groups/sections so it's best to keep checking. 

Our MAY 2024 (5/11/24) Icon sailing has many Excursions, Beverage packages, some Dining choices (no dining packages), Internet, VIP Passes (the Key), Photo, Arcade and Gifts & Gear selections loaded already. No options for Spa & Fitness, Onboard Activities of Entertainment just yet. They will also tend to add options to each section (eg. Excursions and Onboard Activities) as you get closer to the sailing so keep checking!

In case you were not aware, the new adults-only Hideaway Beach area will be open by the time you sail (many believe it will open in late winter/early spring 2024 in conjunction with the launch of Icon)... you may want to consider that instead of the Beach Club if the prices do not come down enough to justify the purchase.

And yes, Black Friday deals still tend to be the best for many items (not necessarily all) in the Cruise Planner (we paid $88.99 for the OCT sailing). So, the strategy of purchase at a comfortable pricepoint and then cancel/repurchase if it goes on sale still holds true for many items in the planner.

The current price of the Beach Club on our May 2024 sailing:  😱

image.png.7d3b7ff1eb42ec0406ef0acdfcc05e61.png

Like others have said, if you can find it at no more than $100 per person, I feel it's a good deal! We cruise this October and I purchased our passes this past Black Friday sale at around $90 per person?? We enjoy it as it isn't as crowded as other areas of the island and the lunch is so much better. I would wait until this years B;ack Friday sale and see what you can get it for.

If you see that the price comes down to where you feel comfortable tying up the amount for awhile…make the purchase. It will secure your spots and you can always cancel without a penalty if you subsequently decide it’s not worth it.

You then monitor the price, and if it does drop during a sale or sometimes it drops because it’s not really selling…you can re-purchase it at the lower price. But….big but…..you should always try to book it at the lower price before you cancel. There’s always the possibility of losing your spot if you cancel your current reservation first. By the time you go through the process to buy it again, it can say Sold Out. So you not only lose out on the lower price, but also your reserved spot.

I know sometimes others have had difficulty doing that. I read where people tried to double purchase but the system told them they couldn’t until they canceled the first…but I have never had that happen to me. And I re-book often. Might be because I’m usually solo on my reservation and my family or friends have their own reservations. Good luck!

I've done the beach club twice (both times I have been to Coco Cay).  Never paid over $100, and it is worth it at that price.  Very nice area, not crowded, quiet, very prompt drink servers, and a great lunch.  I am going again in August with a large group so we are not doing the beach club, we are going to do the oasis lagoon pool area.  I am looking forward to it in order to compare to the beach club experience.  I have always said $100 was my ceiling price for the beach club, but if the oasis lagoon experience is bad, then that price ceiling may be raised for future visits.  Regardless of how bad other areas on Coco Cay could be though, I would never pay $280 for the beach club, that is crazy.  

We have been there twice, and once in an over water Cabana(only work it if you can split the cost 8 ways).   

Same as everyone above said.  Very secluded and the food is amazing!  I always get the lobster when we visit, and there is just way less people to deal with.  Plenty of shaded beach chairs, and amazing waters!  We have seen everything from Conchs, Sharks, Stingrays, and a mix of other fish!

The big negative(besides when the price is over $120), is the walk.  Although you can wait for the shuttle that comes around, you may be waiting for awhile, or you have to trek all the way to the fathers part of the island away from the boat.....