Catholic Mass On Board

Ha! @Xaa not if He really did! 

There's a little Catholic church right on the beach in downtown Sint Maarten. Saint Martin of Tours Catholic Church. It's a few steps down from Big Bastard's beach bar (I didn't name it). Tell your wife the forums compel you to do a pilgrimage to see a new church, in a different culture, steps from a beautiful beach and a pina colada.

Also, hold the hate mail. I know this is not the prettiest or most exciting beach on the island, not even close. But calm shallow entry and warm Caribbean sun make most beaches awesome. The plethora of restaurants and shops are bonus. When you have small children and a family as large as mine sometimes it's nice just to walk ship to beach and chill out for the day!! 

On 1/23/2023 at 4:52 AM, Jerry Altmann said:

Presently sailing on Enchantment and just happened to look at Message Board and learned Catholic Mass was to be celebrated in the conference room. About 120 passengers showed up in an unprepared overcrowded room . We had to set up the chairs and accommodated everyone. It was a beautiful service conducted by two Archdiocese of Baltimore priests who we have socialized with since. We then had a second Sunday mass in the Spotlight Lounge that was attended by about two hundred passengers. The ship would not put a posting in the Cruise Compass saying it was against company policy so the message board and word of mouth was all that was used to announce the event. Curiously, the ship did post in the cruise compass an announcement for Jewish Sabbath Observance-self guided. It also posted for LGBT get togethers daily.  We are Pinnacles and this is the first time in about 30 cruises that we have had Catholic Mass on board. Apparently, Royal Caribbean does not foster having priests on board to say Mass and we saw this first hand. What a mistake!

We have had Priest onboard that did a Mass about half of our 20 cruises. Only once was it announced in the Compass. Sometimes they had a bulletin board announcement.  Sometimes it was word of mouth. Always low key. But from 10 to 150 showed up. I don't know if "Royal Does not foster having Priests", but we made a point to thank Royal for giving us a little space for an hour or so on Sunday mornings. 

59 minutes ago, Pooch said:

Yes, it would be easier but still does not fulfill the Catholic obligation of Mass.

Very true, I’m just positing that the reason other religious events are in the cruise compass regularly is because they are self led. I think whomever posted about attending the Catholic Church local to the port is a great idea, and seems very doable in most ports.