Anthem of the Seas - iFly

Vlad

13 minutes ago, teddy said:

The sessions in the Cruise Planner are currently $29 each.   From my understanding, there are free sessions available that can be reserved once onboard./cdn-cgi/mirage/428de7136f76a239c3e122421fe79f0cc5f5b9e7a1adbd601e0fa11a0bd5e14d/1280/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2023_01/323680144_iFlyfeb23.thumb.png.88c6144810bc4c6d30950ddef5db73b8.png

Thanks for info

I'm more interested in free sessions 

Already spending too much on everything else. 

I'm wondering if free sessions can be reserved once you connect to ships Wi-Fi 

Or still need to visit their desk for reservations. 

I don't know if things have changed, but when we did a 2019 Alaska cruise iFly and North Star were both included for one session. The iFly session was very short, less than two minutes, and you could book more paid if you wanted. I didn't do iFly since I wanted to get video of my mom and son doing it, but they had a blast! NS was a lot of fun as well!

15 minutes ago, Bowen said:

I don't know if things have changed, but when we did a 2019 Alaska cruise iFly and North Star were both included for one session. The iFly session was very short, less than two minutes, and you could book more paid if you wanted. I didn't do iFly since I wanted to get video of my mom and son doing it, but they had a blast! NS was a lot of fun as well!

Do you remember, if you were able to book them both through the app on board? 

Or you had to visit the desk there in person for reservations? 

12 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Do you remember, if you were able to book them both through the app on board? 

Or you had to visit the desk there in person for reservations? 

I'm trying really hard to remember, but I do believe I was able to book them online before hand, but it was closer to the sail date, like 30 days out or something. I remember that my parents didn't book it because my dad wasn't sure he wanted to go, but then when he got on board and saw NS he decided he did want to go so he booked it at guest services. He waited until a few days into the cruise though and there were barely any spots left. If you do book on board, do it the moment you get on the ship. I do think it'll pop up on the planner before you sail.

They are both free on Port days.  Cost money on Sea days.  

IMO the Northstar is worth the $19 on the sea day. Nothing like going in that thing over open water on a moving ship. 

Trying to reserve a spot may be the difficult part if it is a packed cruise. I believe they come out by 7 pm each night for the next day or you can go to guest services and they can email the sports manager. I had to do this when they canceled my reservation on Day 1. 

You can book the sea days one before your cruise. 

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

Thanks for info

If you are in a sky suite , contact your concierge via email once they contact you. 

5 hours ago, Vlad said:

Thanks for info

maybe this helps some info..... https://www.royalcaribbean.com/resources/contact-us

18 minutes ago, D Alt said:

They are both free on Port days.  Cost money on Sea days.  

IMO the Northstar is worth the $19 on the sea day. Nothing like going in that thing over open water on a moving ship. 

Trying to reserve a spot may be the difficult part if it is a packed cruise. I believe they come out by 7 pm each night for the next day or you can go to guest services and they can email the sports manager. I had to do this when they canceled my reservation on Day 1. 

You can book the sea days one before your cruise. 

So you're saying the free spots can't be reserved ahead of time for one of the port days? 

Can only catch it in the evening for the next day? That doesn't make any sense 

12 minutes ago, Vlad said:

Royal Caribean phone numbers? 

No, it does not help me at all. 

They would not be able to help with this. 

There is a spot to email a message for specific concerns.   On the big scheme of things on a vacations, honestly , if $19 bucks is going to break you, ........I dunno.

15 minutes ago, Censored said:

There is a spot to email a message for specific concerns.   On the big scheme of things on a vacations, honestly , if $19 bucks is going to break you, ........I dunno.

It's not about that... There's almost nothing to do on 2 port days, so why pay for it? And actually when you're over the ocean, you don't see or feel the heights of it at all. Been there before. 

I actually took a 12 night cruise on Anthem out of Cape Liberty in late January 2022,  iFly was free for the first session and I booked it in advance through the cruise planner but missed my time frame however they let me reschedule onboard.  The first session is free, I think if you want to go a second time then you have to pay for iFly.

The Northstar is free only while in port I also booked that in advance through the cruise planner.

28 minutes ago, Vlad said:

It's not about that... There's almost nothing to do on 2 port days, so why pay for it? And actually when you're over the ocean, you don't see or feel the heights of it at all. Been there before. 

I'm assuming you're doing the Orlando, Nassau and Coco Cay 7 night cruise in the spring. I like all three of those ports I always find something to do either through the ship or on my own in Orlando and Nassau.  My only complaint about Orlando is Royal doesn't give passengers enough time while in port.  I wish the ship would arrive at Port Canaveral at 9 or 10 am instead of the current schedule which has the ship arriving in the afternoon.

15 minutes ago, JasonOasis said:

I actually took a 12 night cruise on Anthem out of Cape Liberty in late January 2022,  iFly was free for the first session and I booked it in advance through the cruise planner but missed my time frame however they let me reschedule onboard.  The first session is free, I think if you want to go a second time then you have to pay for iFly.

The Northstar is free only while in port I also booked that in advance through the cruise planner.

I'm assuming you're doing the Orlando, Nassau and Coco Cay 7 night cruise in the spring. I like all three of those ports I always find something to do either through the ship or on my own in Orlando and Nassau.  My only complaint about Orlando is Royal doesn't give passengers enough time while in port.  I wish the ship would arrive at Port Canaveral at 9 or 10 am instead of the current schedule which has the ship arriving in the afternoon.

Thanks, useful information. Yes, you're correct on the itinerary. Hopefully about 30-45 days away they will open reservations. Planing ahead of time is much easier, plus the shows. Then can pre-book dinners in MDR. Yes, Port Canaveral time is short. So not sure where to go to make it in time for some rest and dinner. In Nassau, already done dolphins and not a fan of bars or shops. And Royal excuursions doesn't really have other beach excursions. Except for blue lagoon, which basically has no water in lagoon to swim. Been there couple times, water always like up to my knees... 😂🤣

Hey Vlad,

In the app if you choose Select a different Cruise and then choose Browse our Ships and choose Anthem and the current sailing, you can see when they offer both the Ifly and the NorthStar free sessions.  It's pretty useful.

Does anyone happen to know if you purchase The Key if either of these have dedicated Key Times?  Be on Anthem myself 03/05

16 hours ago, Vlad said:

t's not about that... There's almost nothing to do on 2 port days, so why pay for it? And actually when you're over the ocean, you don't see or feel the heights of it at all. Been there before. 

Have to strongly disagree about the North Star at sea. The free in port NS ride only goes up and down. At sea, the arm swings out to 90 degrees from port and starboard side of ship. With the ship moving, the pool deck packed and seeing the ships wake from 300' in the air, you Definitely see and feel the height of it all....IMO definitely worth it.

We did The North Star and iFly in 2019 on Anthem and both were free. I think I booked the North Star before the cruise on the app and then the iFly while on board in person. They said you could only do the iFly once but my mom somehow scored 2 sessions. Both were worth it and a very cool added experience to our cruise. I loved the iFly and would definitely pay for that. You can cancel/reschedule your sessions very easily in the app too. I hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise!