Rear-Facing Junior Suite on Voyager Class

Jaime E

The only advice is that this class of ship does have some superstructure on the aft so you will have some pieces in your view.  Consider this photo of sister ship Adventure (same as Voyager).

image.thumb.jpeg.90cd71d19f21ea0f49931f936de5dbda.jpeg

On higher decks the ship superstructure is closer to the balconies so it's less in your view but as you move down to deck six the balconies are sunk deeper into the superstructure so there is more of it in your view.

As far as being on the aft I love it and wake views are great.  Other classes of ships don't tend to have as much infrastructure between the aft balconies and the sea so it is something to be aware of especially on lower decks.

Deck 6 has a flat "floor" area outside the balcony that you can't go out onto but it almost feels like you should be able to walk out there and it's quite deep.  This is the blue area in the photo with the white anchor painted on it.  

Deck 10 has very little of anything blocking the view.

We have sailed in wake view Jr. Suites several times on V class. Not Voyager herself but on Explorer twice and two others. The only negative is the walk from the elevators. 

We loved the wake view and the quiet. Very few running youngsters through the relatively short hall. We have our TA on alert for wake view suites. Love 'em!

I don't have any insight having never stayed in a wake-view room, but do love watching the wake and have additional questions.  When viewing the wake from public areas on the aft of the ship (i.e. - Deck 5 running track on Oasis Class), the wake can be quite loud.  I assume it's less noisy on the balconies of higher decks, but wonder if it is noticeable in the staterooms when the balcony door is closed.  Personally, the noise of the wake would probably make me sleep better, but my wife is a very light sleeper.

2 hours ago, Jill said:

We stayed in this cabin on Mariner and loved the balcony. The cabin itself was smaller as it was on the end but for a little 3 nighter to Nassau, CocoCay, it was fine. 

We did feel quite a bit shimmying/vibration when docking

/cdn-cgi/mirage/4989c88424da2cdfc09c61651e511c1822acfdc58fb56adc6fc43523be77d98f/1440/https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/uploads/monthly_2023_01/B0E8A329-4BFD-465A-88BE-29B53C908A05.thumb.jpeg.568d81b0e164b06bca03b30f5df22f78.jpeg

We have the one directly above it booked on Explorer out of Italy in October of this year. 

On our Adventure cruise that’s a lifetime away (March ‘25), we have the one above and to the left booked for the ABC islands. 

We stay in Interiors a lot, so we’re excited for the aft views.