Cost of additional guest for ultimate family suite

ParisBaby

I am looking to book the ultimate family suite on Spectrum of the Seas. The cost for 4 Adults + 2 kids is around $19K. When calling RC for a quote of 6 Adults + 2 Kids, the total jumped up to $29K (5000 for each additional guest!)

Is it normal for RC to charge the full price for additional adult? I know there is discount for 3rd and 4th adult, but not sure about the 5th and 6th adult. Thanks!

When you book, the rates for the 3rd and 4th passengers are locked in, meaning when you add more passengers they should only cost that same amount. If you booked on a Kids Sail Free fare initially, this may come into play when you are trying to add more adults. You need to look at the price breakdown on the invoice to understand what is being charged. Unfortunately KSF makes it hard since they roll that into the total discount amount and don't separate out the other discounts.

Welcome to the message boards!

When you add or remove someone, it can trigger a reprice. This is as if you were booking the cabin for the first time at today's prices. 

Unfortunately, it's not as simple as adding someone to a reservation and accruing the new cost. One of the many nuances of cruise ship pricing.

10 hours ago, ParisBaby said:

I am looking to book the ultimate family suite on Spectrum of the Seas. The cost for 4 Adults + 2 kids is around $19K. When calling RC for a quote of 6 Adults + 2 Kids, the total jumped up to $29K (5000 for each additional guest!)

Is it normal for RC to charge the full price for additional adult? I know there is discount for 3rd and 4th adult, but not sure about the 5th and 6th adult. Thanks!

At that price It might be cheaper just to book an inside cabin for them even if they don't use it and have extra keys for them for the suite. 

17 minutes ago, Carlos A. said:

At that price It might be cheaper just to book an inside cabin for them even if they don't use it and have extra keys for them for the suite. 

Spectrum sails in Asia and could have different rules in regard to the suite class, they might not even be allowed to dine with them. I am sure OP wants them all to have the same benefits.

Thank you all for the inputs. I haven’t made any booking yet. My initial plan was to book for 6 adults + 2 kids but the quote of 29K is absurd..

When I do the mock booking online for the same date cruise, for 2 adults, total is 17K and for 4 Adults, the total is 19K. This gives me the impression that each additional adult needs to top up only 1K. RC confirmed kids will sail free (just need to top up taxes etc).

RC’s quote of $29K for 6 adults +2 kids means they are charging the 5th and 6th adult 5K each. Unfortunately I can only select 4 adults online so can’t see the cost breakdown for 6 adults.