Couple questions on Quantum Grand loft suites

I'm looking at bumping our April 24 Hawaii cruise on Quantum from a GS to a GLS as my daughter and son in law want to come. So my question would be, which deck is best 8th or 10th and middle or side? I was looking at the SLS also, but was only $2400 cheaper. So if you add 4 adults to star perks, the GLS was a no Brainerd. It's a long way out for trip and I'm using it as something to look forward to after I fight my battle with cancer treatment which started a miserable 4 days ago. So if everything goes good, I should be good to go.

51 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Agree with @Lovetocruise2002…steer clear of the outside GLS on the Q class ships.  The middle 2 on deck 10 would be my recommendation.  Deck 8 tends to get a lot of noise from 270 during the shows.  You cannot escape the show noise completely, but deck 10 is definitely better than deck 8.

We had a middle Grand loft suite on 10 on Quantum. Good to know by not to book 8. We have a corner one booked on 10 for 2024 because it had 2 side decks which seemed interesting. Beginning to think we should look to see about switching if possible. 

@Templecruiser the deck 10 corner loft suites are smaller, but we found it acceptable for our party of three.  We sailed 10270 in Alaska and found the combination of the three veranda's a big plus for that itinerary.  Having done other loft suites on the Oasis class, I'll add that now we would feel that room is a little small for the Star Class lofts in comparison but it is still larger than a standard stateroom.  The bigger drawback for our party was that there is no tub in the suite.  

Good luck with everything and happy planning.

2 hours ago, Kathleen said:

We have a corner one booked on 10 for 2024 because it had 2 side decks which seemed interesting. Beginning to think we should look to see about switching if possible. 

Some people like the side deck and those additional small side balconies but IMO the amount of space you lose on the inside is not worth it.  We did not use those side balconies even once but the suite itself is small and cramped (by Star Class standards).  Some also like the split bathroom on the first level of the side GLS but I don’t.  If you have the opportunity to move from the side GLS to one of the middle suites, I would do it….but that’s just me.  I’ll never forget the disappointment I felt when we moved from one of the big middle deck 8 GLS to that tiny side GLS on the second half of our SC B2B on Anthem in 2018.  Such a letdown.  I recall our Genie (Yen Lee) remarking that the deck 10 GLS was “cozy”.  

On 12/31/2022 at 2:08 PM, WAAAYTOOO said:

Agree with @Lovetocruise2002…steer clear of the outside GLS on the Q class ships.  The middle 2 on deck 10 would be my recommendation.  Deck 8 tends to get a lot of noise from 270 during the shows.  You cannot escape the show noise completely, but deck 10 is definitely better than deck 8.

They may have done work to remediate this. Currently on Anthem and there is no bleed from 270 in the loft suites on 8