Left jewelry in stateroom join disembarking

Mart

Hello:

im so sad that my necklaces left on Harmony in stateroom 12196 during our October 9 cruise were never turned into lost and found. 

we disembarked and realized the necklaces were in the stateroom bathroom counter.  As much as we tried to get help no one could or would help us call our room steward to retrieve these necklaces. 
Filed a lost  and found report and someone from the executive office writes and says there is no recourse and nothing was turned into lost and found. 

So upsetting that no one cares to help me. 
take note to not take valuables with you because if they are left behind by accident  your at their mercy. 

We had not cruised on Royal for a very long time and this will be our last family trip on Royal. 

so sad. 

3 hours ago, Mart said:

take note to not take valuables with you because if they are left behind by accident  your at their mercy. 

Good advice - I wouldn't expect anything different at any hotel or resort.  It's a good idea to keep your valuables safe and secure no matter where you are.

I’m sorry you lost something important to you. And it’s understandable that you’d want to take nice pieces of jewelry with you on a cruise when there are opportunities to dress up that most of us don’t have that often at home. I recently left a pair of expensive noise-cancelling headphones on a Delta flight. I filed the reports, checked with the gate agents, and ultimately was told “we’ve done all we can do, sorry”. It’s upsetting, but ultimately it was my responsibility to keep track of my own belongings. We always hope for the best, but realistically we can’t put that responsibility on huge companies like Delta and RCCL who are responsible for turning around thousands of passengers everyday as quickly, safely and efficiently as possible. I wish you the best though, and understand your disappointment.

Wish that day had been different but unfortunately disembarking with a wheelchair and. Everything was difficult enuf. Had hoped that staff could have turned into Lost and Found.  Very disappointed in Royals assistance. They just needed to make a phone call to cabin steward for us…

Unfortunately with all the insanity going on on debarkation/turn around day, it's pretty hard to get someone to make a special trip to the room.

I mentioned this in another lost items thread as a possibility of what may happen to forgotten things:

You leave your room at 8AM, the forgotten item missed in the hurry to be out on time for breakfast, shuttle, flight whatever. Within probably an hour, an attendant is in your room, frantically cleaning - vacuum, mop, tub, sink, windows, sheets, beds together or apart, hangers stocked, fridge emptied, trash etc etc - to get their block of rooms turned over by 1 PM. If they find a forgotten item, they probably have a bucket or bag on their cart to drop those items in. They finish all of their rooms. Meanwhile, you're calling their number but they're not there and as it's all hands on deck to get the ship emptied, cleaned and ready for new guests, no one has the freedom to run around to look. So you make your case and leave.

The attendant finishes their block of rooms and takes this now mixed bag of forgotten items - most likely untagged from the room they came from - to Hotel operations on board. Hotel Op gathers them all, maybe makes a brief list of the items turned in and hands the several bags off to operations on land with this possible list.

Operations on land is busy dealing with new passenger luggage, crew mail etc etc that the lost and found items aren't touched until the ship departs and things are calmer. At this point they have 192 pieces of jewelry,  221 sunglasses, 59 pieces of clothing, 87 packs of medication, 85 books, 102 electronics, 219 toys and gods know what else. They sort them into loose piles based on those categories, tag it with ship and date. A week later, maybe, that case - and 500 others - hit their desk. Maybe, just maybe, they take the time sort through each individual item to see if it matches a (poorly?) described sentence on a case. Maybe they find it...but in that time...it will be months with more and more ships coming in and more and more people forgetting things. And all of this doesn't even consider abandoned or lost luggage that they have to deal with.

I've said all this to say I know you're upset and I'm not trying to say what you're feeling isn't valid. But I hope you know it's not that Royal doesn't care...more likely that they just don't have the manpower to give each case dedicated attention. Hopefully, in some months, you'll get your necklaces back. I'd advise keeping up with your case, calling once a week or so just to make sure they know you're serious about wanting the things back. Squeaky wheel and all that. It may not expedite the process but it could keep your case from getting shelved (as I'm sure there are many people who give up after a few days or a week and inevitably it gets pushed down the list)