Souvenir Cups for Coke Freestyle Machines

dud2001

We will be on the Oasis of the Seas this June for 7 days and have opted for the DBP.  I am aware that you receive the souvenir cups but doubt we will want to haul them around or even use them.  My question is, are we able to give these to someone else on the cruise or is this an issue due to their RFID code allowing people to gain access to free drinks at free style machines? Not trying to break any rules, just trying to figure out a use for these cups without having to use them ourselves.  

If you're pretty sure you're not going to use them you can do like others and toss them in your luggage to be used as tumblers at home.

I would also recommend something like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781K452Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which are great for putting the cups in on the ship. I tend to dangle mine from my wrist most times, but I've also succeeded in attaching it to the strap of a backpack or purse for fully hands free hydration.

16 minutes ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

If you're pretty sure you're not going to use them you can do like others and toss them in your luggage to be used as tumblers at home.

I would also recommend something like these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0781K452Q/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 which are great for putting the cups in on the ship. I tend to dangle mine from my wrist most times, but I've also succeeded in attaching it to the strap of a backpack or purse for fully hands free hydration.

What a great idea! So if you have the DBP, do they expect you to present that cup at a bar or anywhere else you might want a soda besides the machines?

Giving them away to other guests to use would be a violation of DBP policy.

FWIW, on the two cruises we took in 2022, rather than the cups arriving to our stateroom on day one, they were only issued by request at the DBP sign-up tables or at the bars by showing your Sea Pass card with the DX marking.

In the past, we have left behind still wrapped cups on debarkation day.

22 minutes ago, Sunny_D said:

What a great idea! So if you have the DBP, do they expect you to present that cup at a bar or anywhere else you might want a soda besides the machines?

At any bar you can get a can of soda with DBP (from what I hear) or a glass of Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite without having to have your cup. The biggest benefit of the cups, in my opinion, is access to the freestyle machines because of the vast options (additional flavors of soda, flavored water, juices etc etc.) but you are not going to be without soda if you choose not to take the cup with you. It's just limited.

25 minutes ago, Sunny_D said:

if you have the DBP, do they expect you to present that cup at a bar or anywhere else you might want a soda besides the machines?

No, you do not need to carry the cups around with you.  We have purchased the UDP on nearly every cruise we have ever taken and I have never once used one of the cups.

21 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

No, you do not need to carry the cups around with you.  We have purchased the UDP on nearly every cruise we have ever taken and I have never once used one of the cups.

If you like variety of sodas, and powerade, you need to use the cup at the freestyle machine. I'm a fan of using it!

But hey, to each their own.  I have so many of them at home on a shelf, so last week I just put it in the garbage before I disembarked. 

3 hours ago, CrimsonCruiser said:

I gotta tell you - CrimsonCruiser recommended this elsewhere months ago and so I picked them up for our October cruise with teenagers. LIFESAVER. My kiddos actually use them now for their water bottles at school! Highly, highly recommended for handiness. 

13 minutes ago, Cactus527 said:

I gotta tell you - CrimsonCruiser recommended this elsewhere months ago and so I picked them up for our October cruise with teenagers. LIFESAVER. My kiddos actually use them now for their water bottles at school! Highly, highly recommended for handiness. 

Yay! I'm so glad they've worked so well for the family!!