Dock or Tender ?

Guad Crew

24 minutes ago, WesKinetic said:

As others pointed out, you will dock at the pier. However, you will need to take a ferry from there to Playa Del Carmen if you are doing any excursions or other activities on the mainland. 

Be ready for motion sickness on those ferry rides.  I think there's relatively less motion in the enclosed lower deck.

1 hour ago, WesKinetic said:

As others pointed out, you will dock at the pier. However, you will need to take a ferry from there to Playa Del Carmen if you are doing any excursions or other activities on the mainland. 

So any excursions booked through RC will have a ferry... Good to know, worried about motion sickness.

33 minutes ago, Guad Crew said:

So any excursions booked through RC will have a ferry... Good to know, worried about motion sickness.

Not every RC excursion from Cozumel has a ferry, only the ones that take place on the mainland of the Yucatan Peninsula like Xcaret, Tulum, Chichen Itza... The excursion will list the ferry there and back as part of the description. RC has several excursions that don't require leaving Cozumel! 

2 hours ago, DDaley said:

Not every RC excursion from Cozumel has a ferry, only the ones that take place on the mainland of the Yucatan Peninsula like Xcaret, Tulum, Chichen Itza... The excursion will list the ferry there and back as part of the description. RC has several excursions that don't require leaving Cozumel! 

gotcha!! Ill def look that up. thx for your help!

2 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

Only if you are going to the mainland. Most of the excursions don't require the ferry.

Funny, I've been to Cozumel several times but I've never really stayed on the island.  On all of my excursions I took the ferry to the mainland.  Next time, I'll just stay in Cozumel.