The never ending question.........

Hi guys

So 3 weeks left and i'm trying to cross the Ts and for the .....um....lower case j's (those of you that get that....ha!)

Anyway - what is the score with these straighteners, curling irons, hair dryers etc???

Now I'm sure I read from someone that they always take their straighteners on  - but on RC website it clearly states:

What Not to Pack

For the safety of our guests, the following items are not allowed on board: Electrical transformers, hair straighteners, coffee makers, candles, irons, illegal drugs, flammable liquids and explosives, such as fireworks. For a full list of items please visit our Frequently Asked Questions section.  For security purposes, we also recommend not packing any valuables (such as jewellery) in your checked-in luggage. 

So - when my wife and daughter both who have very frizzy hair - both lose it and have a massive BF!! what am I supposed to do? I can't take gas tongs cos you are not allowed those on the plane.........do I just ignore the above and take them anyway? Do I try and get some tongs delivered to the hotel the night we arrive in some crazy UPS logistical madness!!

What do you all do - whatever you do, I'll do. If I get in trouble......its all Matt's fault.... :P

Think it varies by ship, just off Vision of the Seas (older Vision class) and they seemed to be very strict. Got called to the naughty room to sign over my powerstrip that I have taken on all 14 cruises before without a problem.

Sidenote - Got to listen to the jackass from one of the Suites abusing the poor security guard for 20 minutes because he wouldn't let him take his iron, he wanted the ships captain personally to come down to security and explain to him who was going to iron his tux for him before he would step aside and let the rest of us do our thing. (Eventually we all kind of pushed around him so we could sign over our stuff and get going).

Don't recall seeing any bags pulled for hair straighteners but there was a large pile for powerstrips, several for irons, etc.

My advice would be to bring it, if they do take it from you they give it back at the end of the cruise and if they don't then you have it. Just don't be a jackass if they do take it from you :)

• 2 years later...

Think it varies by ship, just off Vision of the Seas (older Vision class) and they seemed to be very strict. Got called to the naughty room to sign over my powerstrip that I have taken on all 14 cruises before without a problem.

Sidenote - Got to listen to the jackass from one of the Suites abusing the poor security guard for 20 minutes because he wouldn't let him take his iron, he wanted the ships captain personally to come down to security and explain to him who was going to iron his tux for him before he would step aside and let the rest of us do our thing. (Eventually we all kind of pushed around him so we could sign over our stuff and get going).

Don't recall seeing any bags pulled for hair straighteners but there was a large pile for powerstrips, several for irons, etc.

My advice would be to bring it, if they do take it from you they give it back at the end of the cruise and if they don't then you have it. Just don't be a jackass if they do take it from you :)

But more importantly, who ironed the guy's tux?