Felony Conviction

1 hour ago, Pooch said:

A family without one?  That would be mine.  You really think most families have one?

No DUI's in your family that you know of. You really think everyone broadcasts? Only a fool assumes they know all their families dirty little secrets. 

Edit to add:

Let me also say by family I mean aunts, uncles, cousins, the works. My uncle had one when I was a kid. Wasn't talking immediate family only. Turn over enough rocks and you will find something. Trust me. 

Holier than thou is a bad look.

7 hours ago, Pooch said:

don’t pee on a tree (indecent exposure) & get caught.

Or alternatively do it in a country with slightly more normal laws. A country where the police and judges think before putting you in jail.
Not all peeing is an indecent exposure after all. Sometimes people really need to pee.

We are cruising in about 60 days. I plan to book our next cruise onboard for Alaska 2024. There are no itineraries that avoid Canada. Husband has a DUI that was dropped down to a physical control. Rolling the dice on it, but realistically we plan to just not get off the boat for our 5 hour docking in Canada. 

Do we really think Royal is going to prevent us from going all together or would it just be an issue in port if we try to get off the boat?

21 hours ago, CanHardlyWait said:

No DUI's in your family that you know of. You really think everyone broadcasts? Only a fool assumes they know all their families dirty little secrets. 

Edit to add:

Let me also say by family I mean aunts, uncles, cousins, the works. My uncle had one when I was a kid. Wasn't talking immediate family only. Turn over enough rocks and you will find something. Trust me. 

Oh no, I have a large extended family with no doubt plenty of things under rocks!!😁

5 hours ago, Loyal to Royal said:

We are cruising in about 60 days. I plan to book our next cruise onboard for Alaska 2024. There are no itineraries that avoid Canada. Husband has a DUI that was dropped down to a physical control. Rolling the dice on it, but realistically we plan to just not get off the boat for our 5 hour docking in Canada. 
Do we really think Royal is going to prevent us from going all together or would it just be an issue in port if we try to get off the boat?

I'm assuming your port of embarkation is Seattle not Vancouver (which is obviously on land in Canada).  If there's an issue it would happen at boarding (or a few days before when Royal sends the passenger list to Canada's immigration authorities).  Simply staying on the ship while in Canada isn't a solution because you are IN Canada whether you are on land or not.  If Canada tells Royal they will deny entry to your husband, then Royal won't let him board.  I'm not familiar with the term "physical control" so I have no idea if that would be flagged by Canadian immigration.

8 hours ago, Loyal to Royal said:

Contact the Canadian Border Services Agency and get an official answer. Good luck, Alaska cruises are beautiful.

https://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/contact/menu-eng.html

6 hours ago, Atlantix2000 said:

I'm assuming your port of embarkation is Seattle not Vancouver (which is obviously on land in Canada).  If there's an issue it would happen at boarding (or a few days before when Royal sends the passenger list to Canada's immigration authorities).  Simply staying on the ship while in Canada isn't a solution because you are IN Canada whether you are on land or not.  If Canada tells Royal they will deny entry to your husband, then Royal won't let him board.  I'm not familiar with the term "physical control" so I have no idea if that would be flagged by Canadian immigration.

Actually, from what I have read, if it was recorded as an arrest, say for a DUI even if charges were dropped or dismissed, as long as it shows up in the database they are looking at Canada will deny you entry.  Same applies to records that have been expunged, as they truly never actually get pulled/removed from the original database, they are just marked.  Canada can be very tricky especially with old DUI's.  How they get the information leaves me wondering

On 6/28/2023 at 9:30 PM, CanHardlyWait said:

Edit to add:

Only child of 2 only children. Yeah pretty sure no DUI in my family but hey holier than thou is a bad look

1 hour ago, Cub said:

Only child of 2 only children. Yeah pretty sure no DUI in my family but hey holier than thou is a bad look

{tongue in cheek}

Don't give up!  Maybe your kids can come through for you.

{/tongue}

• Matt locked this topic