How to watch American Football on European cruise

The TV channels onboard may have some coverage of US football, but the selections will be very limited.  

If he wants to try to stream on his phone, there may be issues also as he will be in the EU and TV rights may be different.  I know there are ways around this - other may be able to help (or google).  My guess is the that the ship WIFI wouldn't handle it reliably anyway.

Other issue is that they are approximately 6 or so hours ahead of us so gametime there will be at night.

In the UK we get live games via Sky Sports as a paid for channel, but for me to watch that abroad on a mobile device (if the wi-fi is good enough!) I need to go via Surf Shark or similar VPN. I am sure the NFL network will be streaming all the matches and again may just need to go via a VPN? @twangsteris all things technology from my experience of his posts!!

Be aware that NFL+ originally stated in the preseason it would offer live game video streams for the whole regular including out of market games.  Like many other victims I bought a subscription effectively becoming a season ticket holder.  Along comes the regular season and all the app offered was listen to the game audio stream.  Select games were available to watch in the NFL app - many including games that were on my regular broadcast TV feeds in my area.  The whole "watch games out of market" has been fumbled by the NFL.   Like a rookie that looked great on paper, NFL+ video streaming has failed to live up to the hype.

Victims who bought a subscription directly have had a hard time dealing with the NFL+ coaching staff.  I bought my subscription through Apple fortunately who instantly punted me a refund of my purchase given the sham/scam that NFL+ live game video streaming has turned into.  It seems many Apple users are on the same team and grateful Apple made the right call when challenged in replay to reverse the charge on the field.  NFL+ direct users who bought NFL+ directly as a way to join team NFL+ have found their replay challenge has been unsuccessful, they lost their money and were put in timeout by the NFL.  

I'd be leery of any international streaming plans offered by a league who has been caught like Belichick cheating during the game.  It seems as if NFL streaming plans are the new deflategate of 2022.

When it comes to NFL streaming plans all I've got to say is...  C'MON MAN!

I had luck on our Southern Caribbean sailing on Explorer back in 2019 using a vPN to access my tv service back here and watch college football. Suffice to say once someone realized I was the only person who had the Alabama/Georgia game (ship didn't get the feed) I became the most popular person in the bar. All that to say it's doable but did experience issues w/Surf & Stream speeds at times so take that into account as well.