Rhapsody of the Seas Summer 2023 CANCELED

bigpete

I have been affected by this change and I am not impressed! Whereas I accept that RCCL may have legitimate reasons for cancelling cruises and changing itineraries, I do not appreciate the lack of an option to switch to one of the new sailings whilst preserving the price and benefits of the original booking.

The new sailings seem to allow embarkation at both Haifa and Limassol. But when I priced up the new itineraries, which sail either one day before or one day after my original booking, the prices have increased and there is no longer any OBC. As a result, to replace my back to back cruises, I would now need to pay an additional £1,500 and lose out on $1,100 OBC.

So, the cynic in me has to conclude that Royal have not offered to transfer the bookings at the original rates purely to make more money. I could have lived with the inconvenience of the change of dates and itineraries, even with the need to change flights and hotel bookings, but the price increase and loss of OBC simply shows a complete lack of customer care from RCCL. I have been loyal to Royal for a long time but this has knocked my faith in the company.

As an aside, in repricing I also encountered the additional annoyance of the non-combinable discount. The price is £400 greater when I apply the C&A loyalty discount compared to the price without the discount, as it couldn't be combined with the current offer (and there is always a current offer). It makes the loyalty discount a joke.