B2B Question

Jack805

Thanks to finding out about the current Going Going Gone sale, I saw that one of the sailings listed was a 3-night that departs and is on the same ship as a 7-night I'm booked on next month. Since seeing this, I'm really tempted to book a B2B, but just want to know how the debark/embark process works for someone who has B2B sailings booked? Is luggage transferred to the new room (since for the price difference I might book it as a GTY room for the additional sailing)? Do you get scanned off then scanned right back on for the next sailing? Do you just go through Customs at the end of the final journey?

Thanks in advance for all of the knowledge and assistance!

14 minutes ago, Jack805 said:

Thanks to finding out about the current Going Going Gone sale, I saw that one of the sailings listed was a 3-night that departs and is on the same ship as a 7-night I'm booked on next month. Since seeing this, I'm really tempted to book a B2B, but just want to know how the debark/embark process works for someone who has B2B sailings booked? Is luggage transferred to the new room (since for the price difference I might book it as a GTY room for the additional sailing)? Do you get scanned off then scanned right back on for the next sailing? Do you just go through Customs at the end of the final journey?

Thanks in advance for all of the knowledge and assistance!

if you can get the same room, then you leave your stuff in the room and you will either have a note from guest relations as to where you must go to disembark and embark again. Yes, you must leave the ship, check out at customs and come back in. If you are changing rooms, then just leave your bags for your room steward  to move them.  Your luggage should have new room # tags as well. Man times back to back people meet at the theatre and sometimes the customs officer will come on the ship so you dont have to leave.  Depends on the port and the ship.  

On our B2B we did not have to go through customs as we were staying on the ship technically. We disembarked the ship, stayed in the waiting area and re-boarded prior to the suite guests. We had a different cabin although on the same floor and we worked with the steward who allowed us to move our luggage to the new room when we departed. All easy. We have another at the end of the year and will do the same thing again.

23 minutes ago, barjpoe said:

If you are changing rooms. take your meds, stuff out of the safe , & other important items you may want. You just have to pack up the stuff in draws, on shelfs, etc.  You can leave anything that is on hangers. As mentioned above room steward will move every thing to the new cabin.

Did this on Indy on Indy in July; couldn't have gone smoother. Everything was waiting for us when our 2nd cabin was available. Sure it would be easier to stay in the same cabin but changing really wasn't much of a hassle at all.

Thanks for all the insight! I was pretty sure (in typical Royal fashion) that all departments involved would work together to make it as seamless as possible for the transition to help me have a great experience should I decide to book. I'm still trying to decide if I want to give up the weekend after returning from my week-long getting things back in order before having to head to work - or to just take those extra couple days to enjoy more cruise time before having to get back to reality... But the odds seem to be tipping toward more time on board...

Definitely would be easier if I got to stay in the same cabin (I have family who frequent another line that will sometimes book a B2B on board, but only if they can keep the same cabin). I'm still at that point where I think of my cabin just as the place I sleep, shower, and get dressed so I don't really care where/what cabin I'm in. But those family mentioned earlier want their specific cabin and hate when they try to "upgrade" their cabin because they chose it for reasons beyond just what the specific room category is.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, kristophestucker said:

When you have back-to-back sailings booked, the cruise line usually takes care of transferring your luggage to your new room.

The room attendant on our last B2B did not even require us to pack our hanging garments.  He transferred everything to our new room on a different deck and earned our sincere appreciation and a good tip.