just booked a Junior Suite on Mariner for next year (what am I missing?)

brdjnr

I meant to book the cruise at NextCruise while we were on Harmony earlier this month but the week got away from me. And I'm not very smart.

The last several cruises balconies have been enough of a premium (and we have been paying for multiple cabins per) that we booked interior/promenade interior on Mariner/Independence. On Harmony earlier this month we had an ocean view balcony and suffice it to say my wife enjoyed it enough that this one was always going to be a balcony.

At any rate, I (think I) fully understand the JS is basically a big balcony cabin.  However when I was booking, the price difference in a balcony cabin and JS was $2 CHEAPER total before gratuities.  Am I missing something?

36 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

At any rate, I (think I) fully understand the JS is basically a big balcony cabin.  However when I was booking, the price difference in a balcony cabin and JS was $2 CHEAPER total before gratuities.  Am I missing something?

I've come across pricing that doesn't make sense before. I doubt you're missing something.

I'm considering an Indy cruise next month and picking my own promenade view is cheaper than an interior guarantee... and it's been like that for a while. Just some sort of goofy inventory/algorithm thing I assume.

P.S. You also get double points for your "big balcony cabin."

40 minutes ago, brdjnr said:

It's the good ol' supply & demand algorithm.  Sometimes you'll find balconies cheaper than Oceanview, you choose your room cheaper than GTY cabins or in your case, a Jr. Suite that's just a few bucks more than a standard room.  Every once in a while the math works out in your favor!

$2 less for a slightly bigger room, slightly bigger balcony, and a bathroom without the "space pod" shower is a great deal. Glad you found it.

Including gratuities, you'll still be $2 less with that stateroom. JS gets charged the lower daily gratuities rate. Remember to add the prepaid gratuities before they go up next week!

19 hours ago, Neesa said:

@brdjnr don't forget your SAILAGAIN promotion if you stepped off your last sailing sooner then 30 days ago. I'm looking at 300.00 OBC if I book my suite on the Serenade, I stepped off the Harmony 07 August 2022!

aaaaaaand of course I neglected to do this. I reached out to their social media team who have been pretty helpful in the past.  Thanks a ton for the headsup!

We got on Harmony the day you were getting off.  Hope yours was as amazing as ours was!