Maya Chan Taxi Question

Scatmanjack

Asking specifically about upcoming trip to Maya Chan but I guess the scenario could apply to other resorts as well...

Taxi ride is included in pricing of resort...

Would you still tip the taxi driver a few bucks coming and going?

Personally leaning in that direction but just wanted thoughts from others...

37 minutes ago, Scatmanjack said:

Asking specifically about upcoming trip to Maya Chan but I guess the scenario could apply to other resorts as well...

Yes

8 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

Maya Chan has a shuttle bus that they use rather than a taxi. As with anything, tips are optional but definitely appreciated by the driver.

21 hours ago, Scatmanjack said:

We spent an amazing day at Maya Chan a few weeks ago.  We were in a large van with approx 10 people going but then just a taxi for the 4 of us upon returning to the port.  We tipped the driver in both directions.  You will have a lovely day at the resort - the staff are incredible!!

On 6/2/2022 at 2:02 AM, wordell1 said:

Maya Chan has a shuttle bus that they use rather than a taxi. As with anything, tips are optional but definitely appreciated by the driver.

is this new?

Or was it just a large(r) Van Taxi that they contract with when taking one of the bigger groups out in the mornings.  Then individual taxi drivers on the way back (I'm sure they have there regulars).  I know I've had my return ride fairly quickly with them, but when driving past some of the other beach resort out that way I have seen long lines waiting for their taxi's.

Anyway i will give my THUMB's up to Maya Chen, as long as you go knowing the restroom facilities are typical non-resort Mexican and there may sea weed on the beaches (that applies to all beaches in that area, no exceptions).  Their service is just superb!  Repeat visit is always on the list for this resort.

5 hours ago, CruiseGus said:

is this new?

Or was it just a large(r) Van Taxi that they contract with when taking one of the bigger groups out in the mornings.  Then individual taxi drivers on the way back (I'm sure they have there regulars).  I know I've had my return ride fairly quickly with them, but when driving past some of the other beach resort out that way I have seen long lines waiting for their taxi's.

Anyway i will give my THUMB's up to Maya Chen, as long as you go knowing the restroom facilities are typical non-resort Mexican and there may sea weed on the beaches (that applies to all beaches in that area, no exceptions).  Their service is just superb!  Repeat visit is always on the list for this resort.

Yes, it was a bus style taxi. We had the same one for both trips. We were coming and going at popular times so that's probably why.