Sky Class Dining vs Normal Dining

AugC

Hi all

We are currently thinking if we should book a trip on a spectrum class ship for a suite with Sky class dinning or one just a normal balcony room.

has anyone tried sky class dinning options and how are they different from the usual dining options (in the main dinning room, windjammer etc)

Thanks!

Was just on sky class on Harmony and except for being able to order MDR room service and eat at CK, dining was the same 🤷‍♀️.  If you are referring to Coastal Kitchen, it was a less crowded atmosphere which was nice but we didn’t find the food to be appreciably better than MDR.  YMMV and there will be many here who disagree!

18 hours ago, AshleyDillo said:

@AugC are you asking specifically about Spectrum of the Seas? The suites experience on that specific ship is a bit different than the rest of the Quantum class ships.

i am in general but the ship i am planning to go on is Spectrum so feedback on that class would be great!

@AugC Since Spectrum hasn't sailed from the US (where a good majority of the messageboard users are located), it is rare that someone posts about Spectrum.  

@Traveler and @KristiZ were both kind enough to share their experiences through their live blogs that I've linked below. I have tagged them to see if they have any additional insight for you about the suites dining experience on that ship.

On 4/30/2022 at 4:39 AM, AugC said:

Hi all

We are currently thinking if we should book a trip on a spectrum class ship for a suite with Sky class dinning or one just a normal balcony room.

has anyone tried sky class dinning options and how are they different from the usual dining options (in the main dinning room, windjammer etc)

Thanks!

With Sky Class, the difference is Coastal Kitchen - a suite only dining room.  It is available for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  It has it's own menu and most (but not all) would consider it an upgrade over the MDR.  

If you are mainly interested in the dining upgrades, you could probably get a regular balcony room and purchase the Ultimate Dining Plan for less than upgrading to a sky class suite.

With Spectrum (the ship) booking a Grand Suite or better you'll have access to the Gold and Silver dining rooms. Cheaper alternative would be booking a Golden Balcony or Golden Junior Suite to gain access to these dining venues.

From what I can tell looking in the app at the menus for the Silver and Gold dining rooms is they are fixed for the length of the voyage.

The other ships in the Quantum class, class that Spectrum is a part of, have Coastal Kitchen. However, Spectrum does not have Coastal Kitchen. One of the main features of Coastal Kitchen is a menu that changes daily. Quantum class ships: Quantum, Anthem, Ovation, Spectrum*, and Odyssey*. *:These ships are part of the Quantum Ultra class.

The thought process of Coastal Kitchen, Silver, and Gold dinging rooms is to offer meals made more to order versus the mass preparation that would occur in the traditional dining rooms. Windjammer is buffet style dining. Chops, Izumi Sushi, Jamie's Italian, Sichuan Red, Teppanyaki, The HotPot, and Wonderland are specialty restaurants that'll incur an extra cost.

As @AshleyDillo mentioned it might be a good idea to read some of the reviews/blogs from Spectrum. They might dive deeper in to the Silver and Gold dining rooms offerings or any the other restaurants that are unique to Spectrum.

• 4 months later...

All full suites (GS above), Golden Balcony and Golden Jr Suite give all day access to Gold and Silver Dining Room.

Silver Jr Suite (regular Jr Suite) and Silver Balcony give all day access to Silver Dining Room.

Both Dining Rooms serve Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. For Gold Dining Room I believe they serve 'upscale' menu CMIIW.