Medical Record instead of Vax Card

MZ1

My vaccine card was questioned on my last cruise because the date was not filled in clearly. I did get on the ship but they told me to go to my local county health department which I did. They printed out a list which has all your Covid vaccinations along with the date received. It even has a list of all the flu shots I’ve received.  

I have uploaded my vax card multiple times for most of my recent cruises. They still want to see the card at check in. There have also been times where I uploaded the card, and at the port they still took a photo of it.
I don’t know what would happen if I didn’t have the card and told them I uploaded a photo on the app. I always brought the card. Maybe someone has an experience where the uploaded photo was sufficient. 

8 hours ago, BrianB said:

I have uploaded my vax card multiple times for most of my recent cruises. They still want to see the card at check in. There have also been times where I uploaded the card, and at the port they still took a photo of it.
I don’t know what would happen if I didn’t have the card and told them I uploaded a photo on the app. I always brought the card. Maybe someone has an experience where the uploaded photo was sufficient. 

Believe it or not on my boarding for Anthem at the end of March they did not ask for my vax card, which I keep paper clipped in my passport.  I was starting to flip to the card saying “here’s my vax card” and he said, “it’s all good I see it was uploaded and approved”.  You and I both know the sailings out of Bayonne have always required showing the card.  This was a surprise.  I’ll be sailing again from there next week, God willing, and I’ll try to remember to post an update again.

16 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

Believe it or not on my boarding for Anthem at the end of March they did not ask for my vax card, which I keep paper clipped in my passport.  I was starting to flip to the card saying “here’s my vax card” and he said, “it’s all good I see it was uploaded and approved”.  You and I both know the sailings out of Bayonne have always required showing the card.  This was a surprise.  I’ll be sailing again from there next week, God willing, and I’ll try to remember to post an update again.

That really makes me wonder. If I have already uploaded my card, and it was approved, that means it’s in their system. I don’t see why they can’t just attach it to my C&A number and have it follow all of my future reservations, instead of just the current booking number. I know there are ports that require showing the card to enter some businesses, but that should not mean I can be turned away at boarding if I don’t have the card. Bringing it to show at those places should be on me. Not having the physical card should not be a reason to deny boarding if I have shown the card for my last sixteen cruises. In the event new rules are put in place and boosters are required, then I should have to produce the updated card or have it uploaded again.

From your mouth to RC’s ear!!!  So much unnecessary redundancy.  My passport is uploaded, my vax card is uploaded.  Why to I have to show them over and over?  I mean I do and I have it all ready so it goes quickly and smoothly.  I can understand 1 security check outside the terminal but after that, RC personnel should only have to scan the set sail pass to see our passports and vax cards on their tablets.  That should be it.