Royal App Issue

I am booked on Wonder of the Seas June 2nd Western Mediterranean from Rome.  I have been unable to get into the app on this cruise all along.  We are now 45 days out and check in is now open and I was able to check in through the cruise planner, but still nothing on the app.  I am able to get into the 4 other future cruises that I have scheduled so I don't think its an ap issue.  It just says "We're working on the fun" whenever I press on this cruise.

This is an odd cruise that allows boarding in both Barcelona and Rome - with Barcelona being the main port of debarkation.  I am sure this is the issue but am unsure if there is anything that can be done about it. I was hoping it would open up with check in but obviously that isn't happening.

20 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

Make sure you have the latest update. If so then uninstall and reinstall it

17 minutes ago, 1st Mate said:

Beat me to it.  

I tried that.  As, I said above it works for my other 4 cruises also.  I am going to try Royal CS but I have low expectations.

The interporting likely isn't handled well by the app. If you go through to the person icon and switch to a different sailing and scroll to the bottom for the list of ships we support you can jump to any Wonder sailing. They only have the Barcelona embarkations listed as sailings. If you click on the May 29 or June 5 sailings it shows shore excursion options but nothing else yet in the app.

17 hours ago, wordell1 said:

I am booked on Wonder of the Seas June 2nd Western Mediterranean from Rome.  I have been unable to get into the app on this cruise all along.  We are now 45 days out and check in is now open and I was able to check in through the cruise planner, but still nothing on the app.  I am able to get into the 4 other future cruises that I have scheduled so I don't think its an ap issue.  It just says "We're working on the fun" whenever I press on this cruise.

This is an odd cruise that allows boarding in both Barcelona and Rome - with Barcelona being the main port of debarkation.  I am sure this is the issue but am unsure if there is anything that can be done about it. I was hoping it would open up with check in but obviously that isn't happening.

I'm having this same issue and it's so frustrating. I reached out to RC on Twitter, and they told me (just like what @AshleyDillonoted above), it's not recognizing the interporting. They assured me it would be ready to go by 30 days prior to our sailing. In the meantime, I just keep checking from my laptop for check-in. 

1 hour ago, Tammy LR said:

I'm having this same issue and it's so frustrating. I reached out to RC on Twitter, and they told me (just like what @AshleyDillonoted above), it's not recognizing the interporting. They assured me it would be ready to go by 30 days prior to our sailing. In the meantime, I just keep checking from my laptop for check-in. 

Thanks for the info. Hopefully that is the case. I can do the whole check in so it's not that big of.a deal, but I would like to have the app while on the ship.

The interporting is definitely the problem. It is a known issue that has existed even since before the app came into being. In pre-app days, people boarding at the "secondary" port - essentially Rome, since that's the only interporting Royal currently do - were not able to book anything online through the cruise planner.

While not much consolation to those of you affected by it, it will be interesting to see if Royal's IT peeps finally get it sorted in time for Jewel's forthcoming interporting itineraries out of Barbados/SJ.

10 minutes ago, FionaMG said:

The interporting is definitely the problem. It is a known issue that has existed even since before the app came into being. In pre-app days, people boarding at the "secondary" port - essentially Rome, since that's the only interporting Royal currently do - were not able to book anything online through the cruise planner.

I have heard the Cruise Compasses can be confusing for those that board in Rome since it doesn't start on Day 1 for them.

I am honestly surprised that Royal IT was able to figure out how to program to accept bookings for interporting cruises 😂 Do they intentionally set aside X rooms in each category to be Barcelona - Barcelona sailings and Y rooms to be Rome - Rome?  Room stewards have to keep track of who is coming and going?? Crazy!

45 minutes ago, AshleyDillo said:

I have heard the Cruise Compasses can be confusing for those that board in Rome since it doesn't start on Day 1 for them.

I am honestly surprised that Royal IT was able to figure out how to program to accept bookings for interporting cruises 😂 Do they intentionally set aside X rooms in each category to be Barcelona - Barcelona sailings and Y rooms to be Rome - Rome?  Room stewards have to keep track of who is coming and going?? Crazy!

It does mean that everything is out of kilter for those folks. They get their farewell party before their arrival party! 😂

They do indeed set specific rooms aside for each departure port, generally with a higher number out of the "main" port. In the low season they are sometimes able to reassign if they see there is a surge in demand from the secondary port but that is usually not possible in peak season.

Royal could take a few lessons from MSC who have interporting down to a fine art. On that standard western Med itinerary they have people boarding at every port.

In a way, it's useful because it makes cruising more accessible to folks around Europe. It's far easier for us to get on a cruise in Barcelona but for French cruisers, for example, Marseille is much better.

On the other hand, you lose that sense of community that comes with everyone starting and ending at the same place. Essentially the ship becomes a floating bus!

3 hours ago, FionaMG said:

While not much consolation to those of you affected by it, it will be interesting to see if Royal's IT peeps finally get it sorted in time for Jewel's forthcoming interporting itineraries out of Barbados/SJ.

We have been able to book some things.  There are excursions for each port except Barcelona.  I can order the 3 night dining package, but not the UDP.  I also cannot make MTD reservations.

When we booked this cruise out of Rome, I had no idea interporting was even a thing. A little frustrating for sure, but hey, we'll be on a cruise in the Med, so I think I can suck it up! lol @wordell1 , I was able to book MTD, so hop back online when you can and see if you can do it now. I just did it late last week. 

4 hours ago, twangster said:

Royal has been interporting in the Med for a while but the app is new to them and probably outsourced so every change is submitted as a change order that has to be budgeted and approved, then enter the lifecycle in some version of an agile process, created as a "story", then...

True, for the one guy they have in their IT department,  gotta be sure not to overwhelm him