Appreciation for Matt and this blog.

Ok, so the Wonder of the Seas has finished its inaugural voyage. All the media, youtube bloggers, vloggers, and wannabees were there.  I could have been on that cruise. I declined my offer, as I KNEW the inherent risks of these first time cruises.  Much like the start up of a new restaurant or the launch of a newly designed car,  one needs to be aware of  deficiencies that will happen or "bugs" that need to be fixed.   I've watched numerous clips on posts from other bloggers, which I won't mention, but its honestly laughable they did not expect some hiccups on this type of cruise.  Good grief, we are still at the tail  end of a pandemic , with supply chain issues, people issues, (lack of ) etc.   I am not in the least surprised at all the deficiencies/problems that occurred that these bloggers were crying about...  internet, things not working in staterooms, shows not at full performance, sprinklers, shortages of this and that...etc   I have my differences with Matt H.  I dont always agree with him, and I already have one warning of abusive behaviour for jesting with another poster which I thought was unfair.  Regardless of that, I can see that this is Matt's baby, its his show, and he takes it very seriously probably as a sole source of income.  His report on Wonder of the Seas is second to none. Most of the videos produced are high quality calibre, and on point and come across in a very professional journalistic presentation.  I simply shake my head at the competition.  I don"t watch Monday's live youtube anymore as they are simply too repetitive on questions, and I can't wrap my head around super chats.  Regardless....well done Matt and congratulations on your success and thank you for what you do. Cheers!

I would totally agree. Matt, awesome job! You do a great job of all your ship tours. They are informative and professional. Your information over the years have made all of my vacations so much more enjoyable. I tend to do research before my vacations because once I'm there I want to know the layout and not waste time trying to figure things out. All of your tips have been great. Keep up all the great work.

Two things: 

First, Matt is absolutely the best. His enthusiasm, knowledge, and quality keep me coming back for more. 

Second, while I am not surprised to hear of the many hang ups with the inaugural sailing, I think it was a poor showing for RC. In addition to the media side of the cruise, for which it was widely reported that so many aspects of the product were not in final form, a lot of non-media people paid full price for not the full experience. Royal needs to be better about delivering what is advertised. 

This board and the blogs have been such a helpful and easy way to get information I need for my upcoming cruise. Matt is professional and hilarious doing it.  He knows his stuff and his audience.  Thank you and honestly without him and so many helpful people on the board I would be calling customer service for information.  

🥂 to @Matt