Booking for large group

Mayooo

Hi everbody,

Has anybody  booked for a large group (8 staterooms or more). I’m found a lot of information and it’s a little confusing for me. So maybe I  can ask some questions here. 

Is the deposit amount lower?
What are the best benefits?
Could everybody pay with their own credit card? If so how is this arranged?

I haven't book 8 or more staterooms before, the closest was 5. But this is a sort of a YMMV situation. A TA or group rep through royal will be able to help you get better discounts.

You will be better off calling and seeing what benefits(access to venues restricted for your use, designed times for things like bumper cars, Ifly, slide etc.) might be available based on the number of rooms and people. You can allow each person to pay the deposit and fare with multiple cards. 

21 minutes ago, Ampurp85 said:

I haven't book 8 or more staterooms before, the closest was 5. But this is a sort of a YMMV situation. A TA or group rep through royal will be able to help you get better discounts.

You will be better off calling and seeing what benefits(access to venues restricted for your use, designed times for things like bumper cars, Ifly, slide etc.) might be available based on the number of rooms and people. You can allow each person to pay the deposit and fare with multiple cards. 

Thank you!!!

I have no idea which should be better RCL or TA…

3 hours ago, Mayooo said:

Thank you!!!

I have no idea which should be better RCL or TA…

It can be complicated enough handling a booking with just one or two cabins directly. With a larger group you're setting yourself up for a world of pain. Definitely use a TA. Contact this site's sponsor MEI Travel using the form on the home page and they'll assign an agent who will take on all the hassle leaving you worry-free. Several of the agents are regular posters here.

@michelle @Sharla @Beci

I did this and used the Royal Groups Dept.  They were amazing and once you have 8 rooms you become the “tour conductor” and actually get part of your room credited back as cash or OBC.  The number for this dept is 1-800-465-3595.  Click #4 once you listen to computer recording.  Barely ever a wait on the line and the agents are wonderful.

More info…deposit is same and yes they can pay with their own credit cards.  They get their own reservation number so could make payments themselves.  I was provided a Group Financial Status spreadsheet that listed everything out.
I handled the majority of the correspondence and even booked everyone for Air2Sea.  I had 31 people and 13 rooms.  I never felt stressed and actually enjoyed  doing this.  Perhaps I missed my calling to be a TA🤪.   I even checked for sales and if I thought there was a lower price I called the groups dept and the agent checked each reservation to be sure every had the best price.  
The only thing different doing it this way is the Groups Dept is only open Mon-Fri 9a to 8p (I think those are the hours).

But as I said before…I truly enjoyed doing it for everyone and the extra credit for me was wonderful!

On 3/2/2022 at 5:52 PM, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

More info…deposit is same and yes they can pay with their own credit cards.  They get their own reservation number so could make payments themselves.  I was provided a Group Financial Status spreadsheet that listed everything out.
I handled the majority of the correspondence and even booked everyone for Air2Sea.  I had 31 people and 13 rooms.  I never felt stressed and actually enjoyed  doing this.  Perhaps I missed my calling to be a TA🤪.   I even checked for sales and if I thought there was a lower price I called the groups dept and the agent checked each reservation to be sure every had the best price.  
The only thing different doing it this way is the Groups Dept is only open Mon-Fri 9a to 8p (I think those are the hours).

But as I said before…I truly enjoyed doing it for everyone and the extra credit for me was wonderful!

I love to arrange stuff. I even have a degree in event management. So you reply just gave me the push I needed. Thank you so much for this, very helpful!