1/2 of cruisers are new on Anthem

I’m on my second half of a B2B on Anthem and finally was privy to the Captain meeting having hit Diamond Plus. 
they announced number of cruisers  last week winter break was roughly 2800 and this week 2425…of those figures half (or slightly more than half) were new cruisers.  For those who have heard the numbers over the years….is this typical?  Are there higher amounts of new cruisers because people are “ready to be back to normal”? Or has it always been this way?  I’m thinking if this is a new phenomenon that sales will be looking better for Royal fairly soon.

I can’t speak to what’s normal and why isn’t, but I can tell you that my wife and I will be on Anthem in April, and we’ll both be first time cruisers. For us, it was a combination of factors that led to us booking; being vaxxed + boosted, as well as having gotten covid over Christmas and having it be fairly mild, plus her having a milestone birthday last week, we decided to do something special.

Yes.  Both before the pandemic and during the restart the numbers reported in top tier events consistently come in with roughly 50% new to Royal.

Also, many don't participate in message boards so it's easy to lose sight that most of the time the majority of guests on board are new to Royal.  So while some things are gimmicky to us return cruisers, it's all new to most folks on board.  

We are new cruisers and I can tell you after spending our usual summer vacation in Kauai with empty grocery shelves, closed restaurants and angry locals, we (mostly I because I am the planner) needed a vacation where everything was taken care of for me. I don’t want to worry that I won’t be fed! Or that I’ll be surrounded by angry people! That and we have an only 13yo daughter who would really like to experience vacation with some kids her age. A cruise seemed to fit the bill for us! We are sooooo excited!!!

22 hours ago, Pattycruise said:

I’m on my second half of a B2B on Anthem and finally was privy to the Captain meeting having hit Diamond Plus. 
they announced number of cruisers  last week winter break was roughly 2800 and this week 2425…of those figures half (or slightly more than half) were new cruisers.  For those who have heard the numbers over the years….is this typical?  Are there higher amounts of new cruisers because people are “ready to be back to normal”? Or has it always been this way?  I’m thinking if this is a new phenomenon that sales will be looking better for Royal fairly soon.

Have they not dropped the top tier “temp” change to Diamond plus+ as yet? The other Covid-related changes, like the pinnacles now being allowed in the suite’s lounges, seem to all be returning to pre-Covid status.

1 hour ago, AlohaLivin said:

Have they not dropped the top tier “temp” change to Diamond plus+ as yet? The other Covid-related changes, like the pinnacles now being allowed in the suite’s lounges, seem to all be returning to pre-Covid status.

No idea.  I hit Diamond and Diamond plus during these “Covid times”, so I’ve no idea what “used to be”

On 3/2/2022 at 7:47 PM, Pattycruise said:

No idea.  I hit Diamond and Diamond plus during these “Covid times”, so I’ve no idea what “used to be”

It used to be everyone was included, only since Covid did they make it diamond plus and Pinnacles only. Are they’re changing back everything but that. I just didn’t know if you knew or not. Thanks