How late can we get off?

Renee600

I have read many posts about how early I could potentially disembark. 
What if I would rather linger? We are traveling with kids and I would love to feed them before we depart. What time should I plan to get them breakfast?

Do they still call you off by groups? Could I potentially request a later slot? I haven’t cruised in over 10 years. So many questions! 3 days left!  TIA

Also, if we are being picked up at the port what is a good time to have them come? 

The cruise compass will have the times breakfast closes on disembark day.  I missed breakfast by 5 minutes on one cruise because I didn’t pay attention. I believe it all shut down by 8:30

everyone must be off the ship by a certain time.  It seems to be by 9/9:30 depending on the ship. 
In NJ And Miami they use facial recognition  at customs so no long lines to speak of like the past. 

I don’t know about changing your exit time. There were no inquiry as to when we needed to be off the ship. I imagine you can ask for the latest time at guest services when you board.

We were on Liberty in January and I hate the stress of trying to make flights so I booked a later flight and stayed onboard until the bitter end which was 9:30ish. Our car service was scheduled for 10 and we made our way out of the room at 930, with so few passengers onboard we were off and and picked up our luggage by 9:45 (ours were the last pieces of luggage in our designated area so they were easy to find). MDR and the buffet breakfast had a deadline like Patty mentioned but we grabbed starbucks and something like fruit or a pastry, went back to the room and had that while we finalized packing. They called our section but that doesn't mean you have to go, it means you can go. We left with the last group. You don't need to ask for a late exit, our last two cruises we were given the earliest exits because of our suites had priority but we left with the final stragglers. I wouldn't have your ride come much after 10, by 1030 or 11 people will be arriving to board and most ports have limited seating or amenities for those waiting. 10 was perfect, it was nearly empty by then, we ate at the airport later since we had time to kill once there. Adjust my experience with regards to your kids and their feeding schedule, my wife has never eaten breakfast on a cruise or any vacation on any day, let alone the final day. Her idea of vacation is sleeping through breakfast so the 0830 coffee and the 930 walkout is a struggle as it is.

We decided to avoid the crush of people and parking traffic (as well as the morning rush hour) in Baltimore for our cruise on Grandeur. We enjoyed a leisurely morning of breakfast in the MDR and then relaxing on our balcony until they kicked us out of the stateroom about 9:30. Walked right off, breezed through customs, and would have been driving away by 10:00 if my wife's fairly distinctive bag WITH extra identifying ribbons hadn't been picked up by someone with a very similar (newer and less beat up) bag. Luckily, the phone number on that bag was a cell and the woman hadn't left the dock area yet and we were able to exchange bags.

There's no real reason to request a later disembark group.  The earliest you are supposed to get off is when your group is called but you can always be the last person off the ship if you want.  However, there's not much open and breakfast closes at some point.  Your room steward also wants you out so they can clean the room.  So you are mostly left with hanging around in the common areas.  I've done that when we weren't in a rush to catch a flight.  The people watching can certainly be interesting.  Your luggage will still be at the sign for your group's number regardless of when you actually get off the ship.

The latest will likely be before 10. However, I would suggest being out of the room before 9:30. Depending on your room type and category, they will want to turn it over as soon as possible. My last few cruises I was one of the last to leave and that was around 9am. If you want to take advantage of your drink package one last time it might be important to do breakfast before they close. 

I keep getting the survey asking when i want to disembark AFTER the survey has closed .. not quite sure why but since i am just walking off anyway it hasn't been a problem..

Last weekend for example it was placed in the cabin on evening of day two, indicating response needed by noon on Day 2. I tried it anyway and kept getting "no longer available" back on the website.