Birthdays on Independence of the Seas

Missymcmom

If you go into the cruise planner, under gifts, you can purchase decorations, strawberries, and/or cake for your cabin. Definitely also let your travel agent, room steward, wait staff, and any other event staff you work with know about his birthday and see what comes of it. 

Just a thought, at Disneyland, there are big buttons you can pin on announcing your birthday and the staff is trained to wish you a happy birthday when they see them. I wonder if you put your husband in a t-shirt announcing his birthday would yield similar results on the ship...

If you let Royal know (i know, you have to wait on hold to talk to someone) they will tag your reservation for whatever special occasion you are celebrating. We have the wife's birthday cruise in May and our anniversary cruise in June so noted and it is on our cruise receipts. In the past they have given notice to us and provided a little "treat" in celebration, not much but was nice. If you want something bigger you will have to purchase it or bring it.

Thank y’all for all the advice!  This is our third reschedule due to covid.  My kids (18-20) aren’t able to go due to not being vaccinated which upsets us since we booked before there ever was covid…so I’m determined to make his birthday special!  Our 25 anniversary is a week later!