Pcr test during the cruise

There is so much information on pre cruise testing and children testing but..,,

I can’t find information anywhere online about this……

Currently, As Canadians we need to have a PCR test done at least 72 hours before we fly home. Can we get that test while sailing?? We are scheduled to go on oasis of the seas January 30 return to Miami is February 6. We would need the test on the Thursday while cruising. 
Regards

Caryn

50 minutes ago, Caryn Mckay said:

There is so much information on pre cruise testing and children testing but..,,

I can’t find information anywhere online about this……

Currently, As Canadians we need to have a PCR test done at least 72 hours before we fly home. Can we get that test while sailing?? We are scheduled to go on oasis of the seas January 30 return to Miami is February 6. We would need the test on the Thursday while cruising. 
Regards

Caryn

Per people that were on the ship on the last few weeks yes but that can change.

If all goes well we will be on RCL ship by the end of the week and since we also need the PCR test before flying back I will be able to share if we got it there or not.

We got off Freedom of the seas Dec 3. Pre trip we were stressing about this as well but no need to worry, they have you covered and the tests are complimentary! Thanks to posts on this board we knew what to do. Go to guest services on day 1, they will schedule the tests for you for the last full day (ours was between 7:30-8:30am  and we got a paper copy in our room that evening.

We were told the wait would be 15 minutes but there was some confusion so it took a few hours but we were not upset since it's free and great of RC to offer that. While we waited for the results they had coffee, water, pastries to hold us over. Lots of complaining about the wait but we didn't.

We enjoyed chatting and relaxing while we waited.  Once you are clear they send you on your way but remember you don't get a copy of it until the evening. Still seems like a work in progress but they are trying!

Once we got in the cruise terminal we uploaded our negative test to verifly and arrive can and it was approved pretty quickly. Hope this helps ease your stress a little bit. Enjoy your trip! 

2 hours ago, Ontariocruisers said:

We got off Freedom of the seas Dec 3. Pre trip we were stressing about this as well but no need to worry, they have you covered and the tests are complimentary! Thanks to posts on this board we knew what to do. Go to guest services on day 1, they will schedule the tests for you for the last full day (ours was between 7:30-8:30am  and we got a paper copy in our room that evening.

We were told the wait would be 15 minutes but there was some confusion so it took a few hours but we were not upset since it's free and great of RC to offer that. While we waited for the results they had coffee, water, pastries to hold us over. Lots of complaining about the wait but we didn't.

We enjoyed chatting and relaxing while we waited.  Once you are clear they send you on your way but remember you don't get a copy of it until the evening. Still seems like a work in progress but they are trying!

Once we got in the cruise terminal we uploaded our negative test to verifly and arrive can and it was approved pretty quickly. Hope this helps ease your stress a little bit. Enjoy your trip! 

The Verify App is for business only..  I can understand using ArriveCan app to re-enter back into Canada.   I don't understand why you had to update Verify?

I detailed my experience in this post:

https://www.royalcaribbeanblog.com/boards/index.php?/topic/25976-onboard-pcr-testing-for-post-cruise-international-travel/#comment-282324

Since that post, during the week of the US Thanksgiving I had to leave a cruise in the middle due to a family emergency in Canada.  The ship arranged the onboard lab to open just for me outside of the normal testing cycle for crew and guests.  The ship was wonderful to deal with.  Very understanding and they went out of their way to assist me.  This was for a PCR test.  

In my case I left the ship in St. Kitts which is one of three countries in the Caribbean that requires guests take a ship excursion.  You can not walk off the ship and self explore in St Kitts (beyond the port area) per their local regulations.  I had to apply for a St. Kitts health visa as if I was flying there to vacation.  That required I upload a copy of the PCR negative result letter.

I was flying American Airlines from St. Kitts to Miami and onward to Toronto.  That required I upload two different trips into the VeriFly app, one for each segment.  I had to upload my test result letter twice more.

Finally I had to upload the result letter in ArriveCAN, the forth upload of all my stuff all over again.  It took me about 5 hours to get all the apps installed and updated.  

On the morning I was to leave the ship in St Kitts literally as I was about to walk off, St Kitts Public Health informed the ship they wanted another antigen test performed within 3 hours of debarking.     The ship opened the lab for me again and even recalled a lab technician on shore leave to return to the ship to perform the test.  

I had no issue with any of the three immigrations I cleared that day (St. Kitts, USA in Miami and Canada in Toronto).  

The ship is comprised of crew from all over the world.  To get to the ship to work and to fly home at contract end the crew all deal with this themselves.  If anyone on the planet understands the nuances and demands of international PCR testing, it is the ship's crew that know it all too well.