Walgreens Abbott ID Now

SarahRC28

Hi Friends!

I know this question has been asked several times, but we're embarking next Sunday (12/12) on Oasis and I am starting to second guess myself. I know the Abbott ID Now Test is specifically mentioned on the RC website as accepted and this is the test my family is signed up to take this Friday at Walgreens. However, I just got my pre-cruise checklist email, and it says to make sure I bring my negative test result of either a PCR or Antigen test. I believe the ID Now is a NAAT test. Is the ID Now still going to be accepted? My google search tells me NAAT and PCR may be the same...but I'm not a medical professional so I'm not entirely sure! We will have to drive a pretty good distance to get an Antigen test as they are not available in our area, but I'm definitely willing to do so if we need to. 

Thanks in advance!! 

18 hours ago, PG Cruiser said:

Is your Walgreens offering the Rapid ID Now test?   I've been on three cruises this year, September, October, and November.   I've had no issues with the Rapid ID Now test results from Walgreens I've presented at check-in in Port Canaveral, Port Everglades, and Port of Miami.

Yes, that is the one we are signed up for! Great to know, thank you so much. The email just gave me pause when it only said PCR or antigen. Thanks a bunch!!

On 12/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, Swar said:

Based on my two recent cruises, you can show up with the word "NEGATIVE" handwritten on toilet tissue and you will be ok. All 3X2 inspectors could have cared less what else was on the paper. Just saying ...---... please, lol

Really not a good idea to pass off bogus information like this to new cruisers.

While i have had one that didn't seem to do a whole lot of checking, On my thanksgiving cruise my test was scrutinized to the Nth degree even comparing the name to my passport.

Testing is very simple now, easy to obtain and with many more options.  As stated the previously the Abbott ID Now test from Walgreens will sufice