Did you make final payment? Are you sure? Double Check!!

dejavu21

So, I wanted to fill everyone in on something that happened to me recently so that you can at least check and make sure the same thing doesn't happen to you.  My family of 5 are set to cruise on Dec 19th out of Galveston on Liberty.  We made final payment 3 or 4 days before the final date back in early September (and as luck would have it, final payment was pushed out the very next day).  No worries though, I was happy to have everything finalized and ready to go.  A couple of a weeks ago we found out that one of our kids would not be able to make the trip and thus I called into RC to cancel him.  Everything went smooth until about three days later when I noticed on the RC website that the "Pay Remaining Balance" was blue, and no longer greyed out.  I clicked the link and sure enough, I now had a $408 balance due after being told I would get an FCC for $1,000+.  It's taken about 10 days now for RC to fix it, but had I not called I am worried that my cruise would have been canceled for not paying in full before the final payment date that had been extended.  I'm not sure what the policies or procedures are there, but I wanted to bring it light in case you want to periodically check your reservations and make sure you're not also showing a balance.  I wasn't going to post about it until I saw the youtube video last week from La Lido Loca (link below).  He had the same issue ($52 balance) but he didn't find out until going through embarkation.  I wouldn't think things like this would happen with today's technology, but with Covid and some of the new policies, procedures, and technological system changes, problems are likely to occur.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJbwTclM_LM

Good luck and happy sailing!  

I made final payment on our cruise to Alaska.  During that same credit card billing cycle we cancelled a specialty dining reservation and booked another.  RCCL refunded the amount of the canceled dinner TWICE.  Their internal checks must of caught it. Instead of cancelling the extra refund credit they took that extra refund from our cruise fare payment and it left us a balance left for the cruise.  The "Pay Remaining Balance" button was grayed out BUT the subsequent cruise invoice showed a remaining cruise fare balance in the amount of the EXTRA refund.  While on hold for a supervisor to help figure it out I matched the numbers up and realized what had happened.  It got it fixed but check, check, check everything!

4 hours ago, rcrabb said:

I made final payment on our cruise to Alaska.  During that same credit card billing cycle we cancelled a specialty dining reservation and booked another.  RCCL refunded the amount of the canceled dinner TWICE.  Their internal checks must of caught it. Instead of cancelling the extra refund credit they took that extra refund from our cruise fare payment and it left us a balance left for the cruise.  The "Pay Remaining Balance" button was grayed out BUT the subsequent cruise invoice showed a remaining cruise fare balance in the amount of the EXTRA refund.  While on hold for a supervisor to help figure it out I matched the numbers up and realized what had happened.  It got it fixed but check, check, check everything!

Using a good travel agent would also help in preventing a last minute issue.