Jump to content

Forward Corner Inside Room


 Share

Recommended Posts

So I didn't particularly care what room I got when I booked on Wonder, all I cared about was that it was an inside cabin and that it wasn't right beside the elevators. I happened to look at exactly what room they put me in tonight, and I realized it's kind of an unusual one - an aft (edit: nope, forward) inside cabin on deck 9. Anyone ever sail in one of these before? Based on the deck map it looks like it might have a fairly unique layout based on location.

EDIT: Whoops, I forgot to actually put which cabin. It's one of the true corner rooms, #9116.

EDIT #2: I'm dumb, y'all. That's forward, not aft. Clearly I haven't been sailing enough lately. 🤣

Screenshot_20211012-002407.thumb.png.0a0ed64e61daea7f65f766487ea51330.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, S0nny said:

@GKMCruising ... did you post the room number...? Either way... sign me up for any room without an arrow! 

This^^^^^ I tend to like staying aft, I like the longer walk to the cabin, also the hallway is usually super quiet but un like others the connecting door has been quite noisy any time I had one, I stay away from "arrows" at all costs. Others say they are not a problem, maybe I am just "lucky" to have always been assigned Loudest Family Ever with Screaming Baby next door, so as long as there is no arrow should be good, but I also like the aft views, I know no view but nice and dark. Not sure about the vibrations but on 9 probably not much of an issue.

What Cabin # ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, S0nny said:

@GKMCruising ... did you post the room number...? Either way... sign me up for any room without an arrow! 

 

2 hours ago, Neesa said:

This^^^^^ I tend to like staying aft, I like the longer walk to the cabin, also the hallway is usually super quiet but un like others the connecting door has been quite noisy any time I had one, I stay away from "arrows" at all costs. Others say they are not a problem, maybe I am just "lucky" to have always been assigned Loudest Family Ever with Screaming Baby next door, so as long as there is no arrow should be good, but I also like the aft views, I know no view but nice and dark. Not sure about the vibrations but on 9 probably not much of an issue.

What Cabin # ?

Whoops, I did forget that, didn't I? It's one of the true corner rooms, 9116.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • GKMCruising changed the title to Forward Corner Inside Room

On her sisters some of those forward corner interior appear wider than Wonder.  I've always meant to try one but with available cabins closer to Central Park I usually go for the shorter walk.  

I don't know how accurate these deck plan maps are but Allure's forward deck 8 corner interior definitely appear a different aspect ratio compared to Wonder.

Allure Deck 8

371644368_ScreenShot2021-10-12at9_51_09AM.thumb.jpg.ec15b1b020ca2ce6b417887a7c4e7e5d.jpg

 

 

Wonder deck 8:

1728142717_ScreenShot2021-10-12at9_51_57AM.thumb.jpg.b84282975c553b32340a59970aab9b3e.jpg

 

Comparing 8118 on Allure to 8114 on Wonder, they look very different with Wonder's 8114 appearing like a normal interior.

However I'm not sure how accurate these depictions are.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Sharla said:

That room is a forward cabin- way up at the front! Seems neat, just not aft.

Yeah... clearly I was tired when I initially posted this. 

4 minutes ago, twangster said:

In the name of science I've moved to 8518 on a January Symphony sailing.  It's always interesting to try the cabins that are different and a few extra steps will help burn of the WJ effect.  

I like deck 8 for easy access to Central Park.  

We typically do deck 8 on Oasis class as well. We have one for our trip on Harmony in September, and we initially had one on Wonder, but when we moved weeks to do the inaugural there weren't any inside rooms left on 8.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, twangster said:

In the name of science I've moved to 8518

Which means we will get a FULL 360 HD camera shot, complete with live blog, and room rating shortly! @twangsterHolmes is on the case!!

@GKMCruising Can't wait to see what the layout looks like! 
 

15 hours ago, Sharla said:

That room is a forward cabin- way up at the front!

That's my TA!! I told y'all she was good 😉 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...