RCL is dragging their feet refunding drink package from cancelled cruises.

This is the second time this has happened to us.  They are supposed to refund within 45 days.  The first time we had to call multiple times and finally got the refund after 10 weeks.  Our latest package just passed 45 days after cancellation and after speaking with them they are telling us another 2-3 weeks. 

Also we're getting the run around on the taxes that were charged and supposed to be refunded as well.

RCL says talk to your TA, the TA says we need to talk to RCL.  Really getting fed up with this company, considering disputing the credit card charge at this point.

Yeah they are dragging a bit on an FCC (related to June) and Refunds (related to July) with me, im not stressing yet though.

The July ones were interesting, we cancelled in early June or so and they confirmed the cancellation to the TA (then and twice more, pre cruise) but would not cancel it in the "system" until post cruise and are now arguing the 45 days didnt start until post cruise.

I get protecting cash flow but its not like i dont have several more cruises that i am going to roll the money over to ...

2 hours ago, lanlubber said:

They are supposed to refund within 45 days.

I think they are back to "slow" mode like they were in the beginning.  It is very frustrating.  Just keep in mind that it is 45 BUSINESS days, not 45 calendar days and the clock does not start running until they officially cancel the cruise...not when they announce that they are cancelling the cruise.  Official cancellation can be LONG after they announce cancellation of a cruise, or after you cancel it...whichever is the situation.

2 hours ago, lanlubber said:

RCL says talk to your TA, the TA says we need to talk to RCL.  

If you booked with a TA then it is their responsibility to interface with Royal Caribbean on your behalf.  If they are hesitating to advocate for you, then you need a new TA.  Of course, that doesn't help you right now, but for future bookings, find someone who will be your advocate.

I was thinking the same thing about the TA, they have done this a few times to us.  Made us work with RCL direct.  My wife was on the phone with them and I said rather loudly we may as well book direct with RCL next time if they keep telling us to talk to RCL.  Shortly after that they put in additional effort to resolve our issue.

9 minutes ago, lanlubber said:

I was thinking the same thing about the TA, they have done this a few times to us.  Made us work with RCL direct.  My wife was on the phone with them and I said rather loudly we may as well book direct with RCL next time if they keep telling us to talk to RCL.  Shortly after that they put in additional effort to resolve our issue.

A TA should NOT be telling you to work directly with RC. Get a new TA!