Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Two Ships at Coco Cay in July?


Recommended Posts

Just hearing that Freedom and Adventure could be at Coco Cay on the same day (July 4 in this case). Obviously this was common pre-COVID, but I thought they’d avoid it at least in the short term, particularly because they’ll be mixing a vaccine-required cruise with a vaccine-optional one.

There’s also an easy fix if they were to switch Nassau and Coco Cay as Freedom will be following Adventure otherwise. I’m sure it will all be fine, just surprised Royal wants to try it this early and that it would pass with the CDC. Anyone know more?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A quick scan it looks like both ships will be in Coco Cay on July 4th, with Adventure doing an overnight and Freedom on a 10 hour stop.

With reduced capacity sailings and Coco able to handle two ships, the island is probably still at a reduced capacity... Or they flip flop Bahamas like you said since they'll (Nassau) have one ship embarking passengers and another coming to visit.

It is curious how they are scheduled to leave Nassau at the same time.

Screenshot_20210607-001442.png

Screenshot_20210607-001343.png

Edited by sk8erguy1978
Clarify & spelling & add curious
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

Just hearing that Freedom and Adventure could be at Coco Cay on the same day (July 4 in this case). Obviously this was common pre-COVID, but I thought they’d avoid it at least in the short term, particularly because they’ll be mixing a vaccine-required cruise with a vaccine-optional one.

There’s also an easy fix if they were to switch Nassau and Coco Cay as Freedom will be following Adventure otherwise. I’m sure it will all be fine, just surprised Royal wants to try it this early and that it would pass with the CDC. Anyone know more?

Vaccinated people have nothing to fear from non vaccinated people - especially outside in the sun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, wordell1 said:

Vaccinated people have nothing to fear from non vaccinated people - especially outside in the sun.

I agree and I’m not worried about myself. I have an 8 year old, however, who doesn’t yet have the option. We chose Adventure for this reason and wouldn’t cruise out of the US under the current policies until he could be vaccinated. It’s why we’ll also play it safe in Cozumel and Freeport even though we could go off on our own  

Either way, I think I’m just more surprised than anything that Royal would want to try it this early when they don’t have to. If this sticks, Nassau will be especially interesting as Royal checks in and boards one ship (without a terminal) while another visits for the day. Again it’s not impossible to do, just curious planning on their part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Biff215 said:

I agree and I’m not worried about myself. I have an 8 year old, however, who doesn’t yet have the option. We chose Adventure for this reason and wouldn’t cruise out of the US under the current policies until he could be vaccinated. It’s why we’ll also play it safe in Cozumel and Freeport even though we could go off on our own  

Either way, I think I’m just more surprised than anything that Royal would want to try it this early when they don’t have to. If this sticks, Nassau will be especially interesting as Royal checks in and boards one ship (without a terminal) while another visits for the day. Again it’s not impossible to do, just curious planning on their part. 


No disrespect meant, but ….. If you’re worried about your 8 year old catching Covid outside at Cococay off an unvaccinated passenger from the other ship …….. aren’t you much more worried about your 8 year old catching Covid off other unvaccinated children inside on your own cruise ship?  Maybe you should either cancel your cruise or leave your child at home.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ChrisK2793 said:


No disrespect meant, but ….. If you’re worried about your 8 year old catching Covid outside at Cococay off an unvaccinated passenger from the other ship …….. aren’t you much more worried about your 8 year old catching Covid off other unvaccinated children inside on your own cruise ship?  Maybe you should either cancel your cruise or leave your child at home.

 

Not to mention the largely unvaccinated residents of the Bahamas.  8 year olds have such a low risk of Covid, I can't wrap my head around someone being worried.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ChrisK2793 said:


No disrespect meant, but ….. If you’re worried about your 8 year old catching Covid outside at Cococay off an unvaccinated passenger from the other ship …….. aren’t you much more worried about your 8 year old catching Covid off other unvaccinated children inside on your own cruise ship?  Maybe you should either cancel your cruise or leave your child at home.

 

 

1 hour ago, wordell1 said:

Not to mention the largely unvaccinated residents of the Bahamas.  8 year olds have such a low risk of Covid, I can't wrap my head around someone being worried.

Points taken and I don’t want to turn this into a debate over vaccines and safety, I’m just sharing my initial thoughts upon finding this out. My kids have both been back to school full time for months, so although my primary concern as a parent is protecting them, I’m also well aware of the actual risk. We’re comfortable vacationing right now but have made choices knowing that our 8 year old will be unvaccinated.

To be perfectly honest, I was also (selfishly) hoping that we’d have the island all to ourselves!

As I said above, I’m more surprised than anything that Royal made this choice even though there appears to be other options. There’s a lot riding on that first U.S. cruise and you would think they’d want to work out any kinks first. Not my call though so we’ll just enjoy ourselves, can’t really beat two straight days at Coco Cay!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, PPPJJ-GCVAB said:

Strange...I just checked the Cruisemapper Cruise Port info and July 4th has Navigator and Adventure there!  No mention of Freedom.  Somebody better get their information synchronized!!!!!

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392?tab=schedule&month=2021-07#schedule

Cruise Mapper has been wrong for a while, they probably haven’t been able to catch up with all of the cancellations and changes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Biff215 said:

To be perfectly honest, I was also (selfishly) hoping that we’d have the island all to ourselves!

 

To this I agree 100%, for purely non-medical selfish reasons.

The good thing is with 2 days at Coco Cay, at least one of those will be sole proprietorship. Unless another ship ends up coming in that day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...