Drink of the day

MBan

Does the drink of the day still exist?

We used to look forward to trying some of these drinks, but when we were on Anthem last November they seemed to have them only once or twice and they weren't advertised (although this was the U.S. inaugural sailing so they were working quite a few kinks out!)

On previous cruises they would advertise them in the Cruise Compass, but again nothing was posted when we were on Anthem.

Thanks!

Matt - The below is a snip from my Anthem June 16th Day 2 Cruise Compass.  Apparently, the various bars will have different drinks of the day so I presume that is why it is not published on the Anthem in the Compass.

28872735165_c2be42c998_z.jpg

I like that idea ..... the drink of the day could be themed for that particular venue ..... That'd be a very cool idea

Matt - The below is a snip from my Anthem June 16th Day 2 Cruise Compass.  Apparently, the various bars will have different drinks of the day so I presume that is why it is not published on the Anthem in the Compass.

28872735165_c2be42c998_z.jpg

That price is pretty cheap, too.

Also - try asking for the shot of the day after dinner. Usually a dessert-type shot served in a Royal Caribbean shot glass you have the option of purchasing. 

I've heard not ALL ships do this, but we did it on Indy each night after dinner after noticing a tray of yummy looking shots pass our table. 

If you have the drink package, you can get just the shot and not choose to buy the glass and it'll be included. 

So with a Premium Drink Package, does that cover the drink of the day?

If there is a special cup to take home this is not included.  For example, when bar staff walks around with those cups with logos etc, those don't work with drink package.  So you much walk up to the bar and get the drink of the day.  

If there is a special cup to take home this is not included.  For example, when bar staff walks around with those cups with logos etc, those don't work with drink package.  So you much walk up to the bar and get the drink of the day.  

Sort of.  You can't get the cup with the drink package, but you can use the drink package towards the drink; you'll just pay $3.95 for the cup if you really want one in the souvenir cup.  In fact, on my last cruise, I never saw them hawking drinks in the souvenir cups, but they set up a table outside of the theater and the Windjammer selling the various souvenir cups for $3.95 each, including the class shot glasses with the Royal logo. 

That 7.95 is long gone. It WAS 8.95 last year. I see its 9.50 now

The $7.95 image above was from my June 16, 2016 cruise on the Anthem. Less than 2 months ago.  I didn't actually ever purchase the drink of the day so I cannot confirm or deny the advertised pricing.  I will be on the Anthem next month and will now pay closer attention.

Sort of.  You can't get the cup with the drink package, but you can use the drink package towards the drink; you'll just pay $3.95 for the cup if you really want one in the souvenir cup.  In fact, on my last cruise, I never saw them hawking drinks in the souvenir cups, but they set up a table outside of the theater and the Windjammer selling the various souvenir cups for $3.95 each, including the class shot glasses with the Royal logo. 

I think that was what the original post was implying by stating "a special cup...is not included."  Also, trips to the bar would still be necessary in order to avoid being charged repeatedly for these highly sought after souvenirs.  :rolleyes:

I agree, that the souvenir cups are not pushed heavily while on the ship, but I think the "buyer beware" comes into play on the private islands.  I have never seen Coco Locos or Labadoozies come around in anything other than an eye catching yellow or blue thermos. Now, if only Royal started selling them in branded YETI tumblers.

The $7.95 image above was from my June 16, 2016 cruise on the Anthem. Less than 2 months ago. I didn't actually ever purchase the drink of the day so I cannot confirm or deny the advertised pricing. I will be on the Anthem next month and will now pay closer attention.

It's it possible this was the price of the curving drink? If i recall correctly, most drinks like this are made without and then shots are added to those who want booze.

That would be my thought as well. No floater. I just doubt they have gone up to $9.50 in the course of two months.

It's very possible they went up in price. I just returned from two weeks on the Serenade, but the only drink I purchased was a single coffee drink at the coffee bar, so I wasn't paying attention to prices.

It's very possible they went up in price. I just returned from two weeks on the Serenade, but the only drink I purchased was a single coffee drink at the coffee bar, so I wasn't paying attention to prices.

I will have the UP next month, but I will definitely make it a point to ask about pricing for nonalcoholic cocktails.  If anything, I would have thought drink pricing on my summer cruise would have been more.  As it is, my UP for September is $5/day cheaper than it was for my June sailing.