For anyone booking Vision of the Seas

Matt

I thought @twangster brought up a good point in another thread about booking Adventure that can be applied for anyone looking to book Vision of the Seas.

• Research at least two room categories you are interested in booking before bookings open so you don't waste time looking at rooms.
  • Adventure wasn't bookable by TAs until about 6:30am or so eastern time. That could change with Vision, but midnight never materialized.

Any other sage advice for others next week?

7 minutes ago, l9dance said:

I am struggling with what sailing to book between the two!! Bermuda is easier to get to from NYC but Adventure looks like such a fun ship! Any advice on which to book?

Adventure has water slides, Vision doesn't.  This alone would have been a deal breaker for Vision when our kids were young.

1 hour ago, l9dance said:

I am struggling with what sailing to book between the two!! Bermuda is easier to get to from NYC but Adventure looks like such a fun ship! Any advice on which to book?

IMO, the Adventure itinerary is more about the ship while the Vision itinerary is more about the destinations. Bermuda and Coco Cay is a great pairing, especially with an overnight in both; but Vision as a ship is definitely more-limited in what it has to offer (though hardly a slouch).

So I'd suggest to pick which is more important to you and go from there.

17 hours ago, JLMoran said:

IMO, the Adventure itinerary is more about the ship while the Vision itinerary is more about the destinations

Surprised to hear you say that, because I thought it was the opposite. Vision has way more sea days, so I'd think Vision is more about the ship than destinations.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

Surprised to hear you say that, because I thought it was the opposite. Vision has way more sea days, so I'd think Vision is more about the ship than destinations.

While that's true, Vision doesn't have nearly as much to offer on board as Adventure does. Those sea days will mostly be lounging by the pool or in the Solarium, or hanging out in the Schooner Bar or another venue and enjoying live music / trivia / other activities. Adventure has much more of the bells and whistles to make her a "ship is the destination" kind of trip. For sure, I think far more families with younger kids will book Adventure than Vision for the amenities reason, rather than the ports.

And the ports Adventure is visiting are ones that I suspect many of the die-hard cruisers who will be booking these sailings have already visited several times. So they won't have a problem skipping one or two of the ports they've seen and gotten tired of, and spend the day enjoying the ship's amenities.