Royal Caribbean Blog

Cruise Start Date Anticipated - Hyped Incorrectly

58 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

My reaction was the opposite, hearing the President suggesting that if we buckle down and follow all the rules, etc. we might get to a place four months from now that Florida got to almost a year ago sounded so pathetic.

Given that the only time the CDC has shown any interest in even thinking about moving cruising forward is when the occupant of the White House applies pressure, I don't see cruising starting anytime soon.

I'm desperately hoping but don't see it.

Instead of calling it a "Cruise ", let's call it a "Riot"(aka peaceful protest).

Then the CDC will say nothing and look the other way. 🤫

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The CDC is an interesting agency.   It is an example of government doing what it does best.  Nothing. When a cruise ship had an outbreak off the California coast the CDC did nothing.  They didn't

HOT DAMN!!!   RANGER COOKIES ARE BACK!!!

I hope it is news of a US restart.  If it is get ready for a flood of bookings and that surge in demand could cause prices to bump so today could be a great day to consider a refundable deposit b

Posted Images

1 hour ago, jticarruthers said:

As someone who was in the stadium for the game (volunteering but not a paying guest) I was curious to see what the impact would be, last I saw was a week or two ago and they had traced 57 infections back to the game and ALL affiliated events.

My wife and I will be in Palm Harbor next month..😀. We've both had our 2nd shots,  so we're good to go.  

CDC can't lay a glove on us.

10 hours ago, JasonOasis said:

Watching President Biden's address to the nation gave me hope cruising would resume in July.  But after listening to  Dr. Rachel Walensky (CDC director) talk about the US may need to look at another lock down again thanks to people traveling for spring break it is making it hard to hold on to the hope cruising will resume any time soon.  I'm a naturally optimistic and hopeful individual but every time I listen to this new CDC director I get this gut feeling that she is going to stand in the way of the resumption of cruising in this country as long as she possibly can and no one in Washington D.C. is going to lift a finger to help the cruise industry out.

Uncle Joe needs to 🤔 understand..We've been having cookouts for the past year and this 4th of July is no different..🤣

1 hour ago, Flopper said:

Ohio is offering the Vaccine to everyone starting March 29 and the rest of the country isn’t that far behind. Time to cruise. 

I agree. The missus and I just received Shot 1 of the Pfizer vaccine on Monday...Shot 2 next month...cruise time is just around the corner, baby! 🙂

8 minutes ago, Vancity Cruiser said:

The news is Navigator will be homeported in LA. 

Worst kept secret

Worse hyped announcement

well, OK then.  Yay for LA?  Could be a better announcement like a new ship going there like Carnival did with Panorama.  I was hoping for test cruises so the ships can get sailing again.

https://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-release/1506/stealing-the-spotlight-royal-caribbean-reveals-new-west-coast-adventures-from-los-angeles/

STEALING THE SPOTLIGHT, ROYAL CARIBBEAN REVEALS NEW WEST COAST ADVENTURES FROM LOS ANGELES

MIAMI, March 17, 2021 – After a decade-long hiatus, Royal Caribbean International will once again call Hollywood home starting in June 2022, casting Navigator of the Seas as a “series regular” that will sail from Los Angeles. The amplified ship will broaden the cruise line’s West Coast offerings, sailing 3-, 4- and 5-night itineraries to Catalina Island, California and Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico – plus, select winter holiday 7-night sailings will feature overnights in the popular resort city. Royal Caribbean’s new year-round adventures from LA will open for sale the week of March 29, 2021.

1 hour ago, DublinFC said:

well, OK then.  Yay for LA?  Could be a better announcement like a new ship going there like Carnival did with Panorama.  I was hoping for test cruises so the ships can get sailing again.

Pretty sure Navigator wasn’t the “real” news that was originally hyped. It couldn’t possibly be the “news we’ve all been waiting for” so I guess we sit and wait until either Bayley or Fain spill the beans. 

6 minutes ago, Jill said:

Pretty sure Navigator wasn’t the “real” news that was originally hyped. It couldn’t possibly be the “news we’ve all been waiting for” so I guess we sit and wait until either Bailey or Fain spill the beans. 

Actually i wouldn't be surprised at all that this was "it" and they just didn't think at all about how "the news we have all been waiting for" was going to be thought of by everyone else ..

6 minutes ago, jticarruthers said:

Actually i wouldn't be surprised at all that this was "it" and they just didn't think at all about how "the news we have all been waiting for" was going to be thought of by everyone else ..

I agree. The news we are all waiting for is industry wide and most likely will not be a RCI exclusive announcement

I love that NAV is coming to LA, as that's close to me in Arizona. However, hearing "the news you've all been waiting for" and then this is kind of like having a house that's flooded and living in a hotel, having the contractor fixing the house call you and leave a voicemail saying, "I have the news you've been waiting for!" and then telling you that he found a ten dollar bill in your still-flooded kitchen. Thanks...but you hyped it up WAY too much.

• DisneyWorld30th changed the title to Cruise Start Date Anticipated - Hyped Incorrectly
18 hours ago, twangster said:

Announcing a restart is a pretty big deal but it also admits all cruises prior to the restart date are cancelled.   Plus if the restart involves a small restart like two ships doing short Florida cruises as they've suggested that also admits all other cruises are cancelled.

That's a pretty big message that they'll want to be fully prepared for.  It's the kind of message that will drive the stock price one way or the other.  They'll announce something that big only once they've got a much bigger plan well thought out and ready for consumption by the public.  Not sure but that message might be better delivered by someone higher up.  

No disrespect meant for Vicki but that impacts other brands as well, so maybe it's something Richard delivers, or RCG corporate, coordinated across the brands.

I started to type something similar yesterday but decided not to post it. My comment was that an important announcement like cruises restarting wouldn't be delivered via "coffee chat" no matter their position in the company. However, everyone was still being so optimistic about the (sorry to say) "click-bait" "must tune in to my podcast" title I decided to let everyone have their moment. 🙂

The more I think about it the more I am annoyed with "the news we've all been waiting for" click-bait.  Only speaking my own thoughts here, but wth was she thinking?  After the past year how in the world is Navigator going to LA the news we have been waiting for?  I am actually more than annoyed.  I know in the grand scheme of things that has gone on with covid, cruise vacations being cancelled for so long is not the worst that has happened. 

But, knowing you have a consumer base wanting to know when we will potentially get back to sailing this was a really bad idea.  Not to mention the crew members who want to get back to work.  I'm frustrated about all of it. 

Sorry for the rant/venting.