Jump to content
Royal Caribbean Blog

Deck 17... Closed off? Maybe!


Recommended Posts

The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen have been card access since they were added.  

The hallways that lead to the cabins on deck 17 have a door that is sometimes closed, sometimes open.  More often than not it was open for me but once in a while presumably some other guest of the area would close it as they passed through.  

Anyone can walk up the stairs or take the elevators to deck 17 but if the doors to the hallways are closed they can't get very far.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, twangster said:

The suite lounge and Coastal Kitchen have been card access since they were added.  

The hallways that lead to the cabins on deck 17 have a door that is sometimes closed, sometimes open.  More often than not it was open for me but once in a while presumably some other guest of the area would close it as they passed through.  

Anyone can walk up the stairs or take the elevators to deck 17 but if the doors to the hallways are closed they can't get very far.

Oh, cool!

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, MikeK said:

On my only Loft Suite cruise I never saw the hallway door closed.  I'm not sure what the purpose of the locked hallway would be.

One sailing I tried an experiment.  Every time I walked by the doors and they were opened (which was almost always), I would purposely close them.  Every time I came back, they were opened again. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

One sailing I tried an experiment.  Every time I walked by the doors and they were opened (which was almost always), I would purposely close them.  Every time I came back, they were opened again. lol

Be honest, you only did that because you thought I was on board.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

One sailing I tried an experiment.  Every time I walked by the doors and they were opened (which was almost always), I would purposely close them.  Every time I came back, they were opened again. lol

We stayed in rm 1756 which is next to one of the large suites up front.  Reasons unknown to me there was another door we had to go through to get our room (along with the large suite)

  Halfway through the cruise I realized that door was closed but never locked. So theoretically I would have had to swipe three doors to get in my cabin.   ?????????

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MikeK said:

there was another door we had to go through to get our room (along with the large suite)

Yes, this is the "extra" door that lead to the Grand Panoramic Suite.  I was told that they added that extra door to cut down on the noise from the Coastal Kitchen...but that doesn't really make sense to me.  It is a bit of an oddity that goes along with the GPS though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...