World cruises on Royal?

Cakemeister

2 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

Hello,

I know Royal does world cruises on their Silversea subsidiary. But dang that is a lot of money. 

Has there ever been any kind of discussion about a round-the-world cruise on RCCL? Something more affordable? I would be all over that.

Cheers,

Cake

Do what I do. I play "Connect The Ships". Ships reposition all the time and it would take some work and time but you can most definitely put together something that takes you part or all the way around the world. You might need to use partner lines or non-partner lines but hec, it's so much fun!!! Best of all, you get to experience it all.

Once in a blue moon Royal will reposition a ship between regions and you can make up your own partial world cruise by booking several cruises in a row.  The danger with this approach is when Royal cancels a cruise in the middle.  This happened to Mariner guests when she changed regions and came back to America before her amp and introduction into the short cruise market recently.  Many guests had booked 3 in a row but then Royal cancelled the cruise in the middle leaving guests to deal with NRD deposits on the book ends.  

If you are seeking these longer voyages you are better off booking with a line that assembles these cruises into one booking for the duration.  Unfortunately other than SilverSea this isn't done in the RCG family.

8 hours ago, princevaliantus said:

Do what I do. I play "Connect The Ships". Ships reposition all the time and it would take some work and time but you can most definitely put together something that takes you part or all the way around the world. You might need to use partner lines or non-partner lines but hec, it's so much fun!!! Best of all, you get to experience it all.

This is what I will probably end up doing.

There was a nice "Connect the ships" itinerary this year on the Jewel, that was cancelled. It was 85 nights with seven back-to-back cruises with six different itineraries.

Fly to Barcelona

09-29 Barcelona Mediterranean Venice 12 nights

Barcelona, Spain | Nice (Villefranche), France | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Naples (Capri), Italy | Cruising | Venice, Italy | Split, Croatia | Kotor, Montenegro | Cruising | Tarragona, Spain

10-11 Tarragona (Spain) Mediterranean Greek Isles 12 nights

Tarragona, Spain | Monte Carlo (Cannes), France | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Sicily (Messina), Italy | Cruising | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Mykonos, Greece | Santorini, Greece | Athens (Piraeus), Greece | Cruising | Tarragona, Spain

10-23 Tarragona (Spain) to Rome  10 nights

Tarragona, Spain | Valencia, Spain | Palma de Mallorca, Spain | Sete, France | Provence (Marseilles), France | Nice (Villefranche), France | Ajaccio, Corsica | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Cruising | Naples (Capri), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

11-02 Rome Holy Land #1 12 nights

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Sicily (Messina), Italy | Cruising | Haifa, Israel | Limassol, Cyprus | Rhodes, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Athens (Piraeus), Greece | Cruising | Naples (Capri), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

11-14 Rome Holy Land #2 12 nights

11-26 Rome to Galveston 16 nights $501 <- freaking awesome!

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Cruising | Alicante, Spain | Gibraltar, United Kingdom | Cruising | Gran Canaria, Canary Islands | Cruising | Nassau, Bahamas | Cruising | Galveston, Texas

12-11 Galveston 11 nights

8 hours ago, Cakemeister said:

This is what I will probably end up doing.

There was a nice "Connect the ships" itinerary this year on the Jewel, that was cancelled. It was 85 nights with seven back-to-back cruises with six different itineraries.

Fly to Barcelona

09-29 Barcelona Mediterranean Venice 12 nights

Barcelona, Spain | Nice (Villefranche), France | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Naples (Capri), Italy | Cruising | Venice, Italy | Split, Croatia | Kotor, Montenegro | Cruising | Tarragona, Spain

10-11 Tarragona (Spain) Mediterranean Greek Isles 12 nights

Tarragona, Spain | Monte Carlo (Cannes), France | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Sicily (Messina), Italy | Cruising | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Mykonos, Greece | Santorini, Greece | Athens (Piraeus), Greece | Cruising | Tarragona, Spain

10-23 Tarragona (Spain) to Rome  10 nights

Tarragona, Spain | Valencia, Spain | Palma de Mallorca, Spain | Sete, France | Provence (Marseilles), France | Nice (Villefranche), France | Ajaccio, Corsica | Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Italy | Cruising | Naples (Capri), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

11-02 Rome Holy Land #1 12 nights

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Sicily (Messina), Italy | Cruising | Haifa, Israel | Limassol, Cyprus | Rhodes, Greece | Ephesus (Kusadasi), Turkey | Athens (Piraeus), Greece | Cruising | Naples (Capri), Italy | Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy

11-14 Rome Holy Land #2 12 nights

11-26 Rome to Galveston 16 nights $501 <- freaking awesome!

Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy | Cruising | Alicante, Spain | Gibraltar, United Kingdom | Cruising | Gran Canaria, Canary Islands | Cruising | Nassau, Bahamas | Cruising | Galveston, Texas

12-11 Galveston 11 nights

Nice!! Would have been awesome!!

2 hours ago, PaulRC said:

I am waiting for the galactic cruise going to be offered by SpaceX or Virgin Galactic soon... 

Hmm, I wonder how many tickets you would be required to book for a multi-year/decade/lifetime galactic cruise?  I mean, if you have kids along the way, do they start charging extra or is that built into the price based on your age at the start of the cruise.  How does the solo supplement get applied in this case?  The mind hurts at the possibilities!!!!