Transpacific cruise

Dympo

Hello guys,

I am trying here since I cannot find any information anywhere else.

My future wife and I were looking into cruises for our honeymoon, and we found the perfect one for us. There were 2 options, either from Vancouver to Hawaii in Sept 2021, or Hawaii to Australia in Sept or Oct 2021 I think.

It would have been perfect for us, but we cannot find them anymore. We cannot find any communication regarding those cancellations. Do you have any update? Do you think they might be available again? 

Thanks in advance and have a lovely day.

Flo

Hi @Dympo,

Welcome to the boards and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding. ?

The reason those two cruises have disappeared is due to a CDC order currently in force banning cruise lines from selling any cruises of longer than 7 nights starting or ending in the US up to 31 October 2021.

I don't know if the specific cruises you mention have actually been cancelled  (although this far out I would guess probably not) but they are in limbo and new bookings cannot be taken for them pending further CDC/Covid developments. It's possible, depending on the evolution of the virus/vaccination, that they might be put back on sale farther down the road.

If vaccines are widely distributed, used, and effective maybe we'll see the longer cruises from the states.  The situation is still too fluid - state side test cruises haven't even started.  Q1 will end up being a no-go, and perhaps we'll see the short test cruises begin in Q2 with build up through the end of the year.  Maybe faster movement in the Med and Asian regions.

As you can tell from the responses,  nobody really knows what is going to happen in 2021.

If you really have your heart set on a Hawaii cruise you might consider NCL. They have a 7 day round trip Honolulu cruise. No promises, but that's the only one I think is likely to sail.

Keep in mind this cruise is an awesome itinerary,  but the ship doesn't compare with Royal in any department. 

Like others have indicated, Royal only does Hawaii as it repositions ships between Australia and Alaska.  Consequently it's once a year in each direction.  

There are other lines that cruise Hawaii during the calendar year that isn't impacted by the CDC cruise length rule.  Royal just had unfortunate timing this year and if the Alaska season is lost then so will be Hawaii on Royal.  Other lines have Hawaii cruises that are not bound to the Alaska season so they be an option even if the Alaska season is lost in 2021. 

It's a developing situation so no one really knows how 2021 will work out.  Whatever you book could end up being changed so be patient and understanding as 2021 won't be a perfect or normal cruise year.

Thank you so much for clarifying all this, I understand the situation much better. I tried contacting customer service a few weeks ago by Facebook chat as well as email, and no one was able to give me a clear view of the situation like you did.

I will keep an eye out for updates on the situation, hopefully the vaccines will help.

Thanks again for the time you all took to reply.

?

On 12/13/2020 at 2:23 AM, Dympo said:

Hello guys,

I am trying here since I cannot find any information anywhere else.

My future wife and I were looking into cruises for our honeymoon, and we found the perfect one for us. There were 2 options, either from Vancouver to Hawaii in Sept 2021, or Hawaii to Australia in Sept or Oct 2021 I think.

It would have been perfect for us, but we cannot find them anymore. We cannot find any communication regarding those cancellations. Do you have any update? Do you think they might be available again? 

Thanks in advance and have a lovely day.

Flo

We are trying to get to Papeete on a cruise and saw a couple out of Australia, I believe in  April 2022.  We are hoping to continue from Papeete to Hawaii.   If that doesn't work for us, we'll go in 2023.  

Our son recently got married and is postponing his honeymoon 1 year+ because of COVID.  Congratulations and best of luck!