Royal Caribbean Blog

Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge Beverages

I realize this thread is more about Oasis class but I would like to know what it is like on Quantum in a 1 BR GS.  We will be on an Alaska cruise in August 2021 and we are suite rookies.  We are on deck 12 near the aft elevators which that is important to me.  The concierge club is on the same deck which seems convenient but I'm not sure what happens in there.  Coastal Kitchen is just up 2 decks on deck 14.  I'm not sure what else we need to check out.

6 hours ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

Deck 17 on Oasis class can be accessed either by the aft set of elevators or by the aft set of stairs. Once there, access to the suite lounge/CK area is by seapass card. At times, the glass doorway leading into the loft hallway is closed. If that is the case, access is also by seapass card. 

Oh hubby will love that!  He’s such a snob, loves flashing that gold sea pass card around! 🙄

8 minutes ago, Dad2Cue said:

I realize this thread is more about Oasis class but I would like to know what it is like on Quantum in a 1 BR GS.  We will be on an Alaska cruise in August 2021 and we are suite rookies.  We are on deck 12 near the aft elevators which that is important to me.  The concierge club is on the same deck which seems convenient but I not sure what happens in there.  Coastal Kitchen is just on deck 14.  I'm not sure what else we need to check out.

I love the location.  I think you will be very happy being close to the elevators.

To be completely honest, I was very disappointed in the Quantum class Grand Suite.  We had one in Feb on Anthem right before they shut down cruises.  Most of the GS on other classes are very spacious.  The Quantum class GS has a wall that separates the living room and the bedroom and it causes the room to be extremely small, IMO.  I found it to be about the same size as a JS on the O class ships.  Consequently, I will not book that room again.

The good news is, you will be Sky class so you will enjoy all of the Suite perks.

7 hours ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

The good news is, you will be Sky class so you will enjoy all of the Suite perks.

If everything works with 2 cruises before the Alaska cruise, we will be Diamond level by then.  What will that get us??  There is a "golden" room on deck 4 but I don't know what it is for.  I don't think the size of our suite will matter that much ... the larger balcony seems like it will be nice for sightseeing in Alaska.

If you are talking about being Gold level with Crown & Anchor, then no....that C&A level will not get you into any of the lounges.  ....but being in a GS will.

I have never sailed on any of the Asian ships (of which Quantum is one), but I think the "golden" room that you are seeing on the deck plans is probably the Diamond Lounge on all of the other ships.  That lounge will not be available to you if you are not at least Diamond C&A level....but you WILL be able to visit the Concierge Lounge on Deck 12.  I am not overly fond of the location of the Concierge/Suites Lounge on the Q class ships but I will say that there is a beautiful view from that lounge.  Of course, you will be able to eat in the Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch and dinner, if you so choose.

The balcony on the GS is nice but a bit narrow.  It will be awesome for looking at the Alaska views.

47 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

If anyone on this board is obligated to take their elderly parents on a vacation you'd know as it becomes less about what you want to do but to babysit them and less about doing a zipline since elderly think it's too risky.

Again, you do you, and what applies to you is not one size fits all.

We take cruises with my parents as well, who are both in their 70s.  They are more active than we are.

1 hour ago, crisgold52 said:

I've never been up there then again it depends how important it is to visit. I normally begrudgingly take my elderly parents on a cruise with my partner so it's a bit of the opposite taking kids seeing as I have to babysit them as their elderly on their early 70's and of a different cultural background which tends to be content with what's around them and not look for more since their in that age of not buying much of anything anymore. If anyone on this board is obligated to take their elderly parents on a vacation you'd know as it becomes less about what you want to do but to babysit them and less about doing a zipline since elderly think it's too risky.

My in-laws are 80 and 82 years young and can outpace us! There is definitely no babysitting involved when we travel with them. We celebrated their 50th and 55th anniversary at Disneyland and I hope one day they can enjoy a Star class cruise with us. 💕

I can’t speak to the 1 BR GS but we did a grand loft suite on Anthem on deck 10 and found we didn’t use the suite lounge very much due to its location and our star class perks but I think you will love being on the same floor as the lounge. It will be much more accessible to you!

1 hour ago, crisgold52 said:

Why pay more for packages when Tea coffee and Water plus juice at breakfast is included. The same mindset also goes of them preferring an inside over a suite even though I've pitched and offered a suite to fit all of us... they are not cheap by any means but prefer to save every nickel and dime since in their logic...a drink is a drink... a meal is a meal.. a shirt is a shirt... a room is a room. Etc.

I'm of that mindset when I'm the one paying for it.  Fortunately I have some suite snobs in my family, so when they're paying for my vacation I don't tell them how to spend their vacation dollars.  If they want to treat me that's perfectly fine.  I always offer to take a lesser room to save them money, but sometimes it's easier just to accept the treat and reap the benefits.

That being said, there are some great bargains for the suites if you can catch them.  And while I may be happy with the bare bones interior room and no packages, if I can get Star Class for a huge bargain I don't mind the splurge.  

I am ridiculously addicted to the deck 17 L1 lofts on Oasis class ships.  I love being so close to CK & the SL... and it just being a short waltz down the stairs to Windjammer or the pool deck.  I really enjoy reading in the SL when I've had enough of the poolside action and would just like a quiet moment, and the food in CK (at least by my experience) has been great.

That said, I'm solo in the Oasis Ultimate Panoramic Suite in 2022.  I'm rolling the dice to see if the genuinely unique cabin, view and Star Class make up for the lack of a balcony.  I like my balconies!

3 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

however the point of this thread was being content with things like a room is a room, a meal is a meal and a shirt is a shirt.

Not even close. The OP was asking about whether you could take drinks from the suite lounge when dining in CK. If you scroll back, you posted something totally unrelated to what @jagnew was asking. 

2 hours ago, jagnew said:

I appreciate all the info an experience from you all.

I was leaning Sky class, and based on the discussion will likely go for it now.  And the comes the debate between a GS (aaugh, deck 12, no 8, no 6) and the splurge for the loft.  Maybe I'll ease into it and save the loft for a future milestone.

YOLO! Just take the dive into Sky and go for the loft! 😉

Only guests of Grand Suite-level and above are allowed to the Suite Lounge but guests in Junior Suite can get inside to the Coastal Kitchen.

Therefor, seems no one is asking the important question here. 😃

Has anyone in a Junior Suite that gives access to the Coastal Kitchen (subject to availability) went to the Suite Lounge to get complimentary evening drinks? At least on Oasis they are located in the same place. Do they check you status at the bar?

11 minutes ago, Mathias said:

Has anyone in a Junior Suite that gives access to the Coastal Kitchen (subject to availability) went to the Suite Lounge to get complimentary evening drinks? At least on Oasis they are located in the same place. Do they check you status at the bar?

Yes. Once, while in a JS we did get complimentary drinks from the suite lounge and no, no one checked status. This was on Oasis class. I have only done a JS once on Oasis class, after the dive in Sky, we did not look back lol.

A good friend of mine who recently stayed in a JS on Oasis class also was able to get complimentary drinks from the suite lounge while dining in CK.  

I really believe for this one, it might be one of those gray areas where it might vary by ship and staff that you come across.

1 hour ago, Mathias said:

I think the answer to this question is....no, JS are not eligible for service in the SL....but I think it is not uncommon for servers to get the drinks for their dining customers anyway.  If you tried to go over and sit in the SL and drink all night, you could possibly have a problem, but getting a drink with dinner I don't think is that big a deal.

I am doing Sky class on my Allure sailing 2br GS, got an amazing deal as 3 of us are sharing the room. We are on Deck 9, after hearing about the filet at CK we plan to eat there once or twice and enjoy the Suite lounge as much as possible. My mother and I are not really drinkers, we love a good mocktail though. My brother, who is a drinker, will be glad he could enjoy drinks with dinner.

50 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

Oh yeah you ought to do a cruise of Asia. It's a very unique experience especially on Dream Cruises. If anyone or everyone could experience an Asian cruise or Asian travel it's really broaden many horizons on this continent about various things. For 2022 I'm certain I will be booking the Wonder out of China. If anything that market is big and I'm sure one could find Dim Sum and Sharks fin Soup as an option for food on board.

I've read reviews from Spectrum sailings and seen the menu offerings for the Asia cruises.  They are definitely different than Western cruises.  Royal even went so far as to label these cruises as "culturally enriching" so folks weren't caught off guard.  They offer Hot Pot and dishes that wouldn't go over as well on the Western cruises.

@Traveler did a great blog of his Japan cruise that touches on some of this: