Coastal Kitchen and Suite Lounge Beverages

jagnew

3 hours ago, crisgold52 said:

however the point of this thread was being content with things like a room is a room, a meal is a meal and a shirt is a shirt.

Not even close. The OP was asking about whether you could take drinks from the suite lounge when dining in CK. If you scroll back, you posted something totally unrelated to what @jagnew was asking. 

2 hours ago, jagnew said:

I appreciate all the info an experience from you all.

I was leaning Sky class, and based on the discussion will likely go for it now.  And the comes the debate between a GS (aaugh, deck 12, no 8, no 6) and the splurge for the loft.  Maybe I'll ease into it and save the loft for a future milestone.

YOLO! Just take the dive into Sky and go for the loft! ?

Only guests of Grand Suite-level and above are allowed to the Suite Lounge but guests in Junior Suite can get inside to the Coastal Kitchen.

Therefor, seems no one is asking the important question here. ?

Has anyone in a Junior Suite that gives access to the Coastal Kitchen (subject to availability) went to the Suite Lounge to get complimentary evening drinks? At least on Oasis they are located in the same place. Do they check you status at the bar?

11 minutes ago, Mathias said:

Has anyone in a Junior Suite that gives access to the Coastal Kitchen (subject to availability) went to the Suite Lounge to get complimentary evening drinks? At least on Oasis they are located in the same place. Do they check you status at the bar?

Yes. Once, while in a JS we did get complimentary drinks from the suite lounge and no, no one checked status. This was on Oasis class. I have only done a JS once on Oasis class, after the dive in Sky, we did not look back lol.

A good friend of mine who recently stayed in a JS on Oasis class also was able to get complimentary drinks from the suite lounge while dining in CK.  

I really believe for this one, it might be one of those gray areas where it might vary by ship and staff that you come across.

1 hour ago, Mathias said:

I think the answer to this question is....no, JS are not eligible for service in the SL....but I think it is not uncommon for servers to get the drinks for their dining customers anyway.  If you tried to go over and sit in the SL and drink all night, you could possibly have a problem, but getting a drink with dinner I don't think is that big a deal.

I am doing Sky class on my Allure sailing 2br GS, got an amazing deal as 3 of us are sharing the room. We are on Deck 9, after hearing about the filet at CK we plan to eat there once or twice and enjoy the Suite lounge as much as possible. My mother and I are not really drinkers, we love a good mocktail though. My brother, who is a drinker, will be glad he could enjoy drinks with dinner.

50 minutes ago, crisgold52 said:

Oh yeah you ought to do a cruise of Asia. It's a very unique experience especially on Dream Cruises. If anyone or everyone could experience an Asian cruise or Asian travel it's really broaden many horizons on this continent about various things. For 2022 I'm certain I will be booking the Wonder out of China. If anything that market is big and I'm sure one could find Dim Sum and Sharks fin Soup as an option for food on board.

I've read reviews from Spectrum sailings and seen the menu offerings for the Asia cruises.  They are definitely different than Western cruises.  Royal even went so far as to label these cruises as "culturally enriching" so folks weren't caught off guard.  They offer Hot Pot and dishes that wouldn't go over as well on the Western cruises.

@Traveler did a great blog of his Japan cruise that touches on some of this: