My time dining vs early/late dining

The only advantage is that you have a guaranteed reserved table so you can come right in and sit down at dinner time. With MyTime, if you go at a peak time, you might have to wait a little bit for a table. Otherwise, the experience is basically the same. So it's just a personal preference of whether you'd rather have the guaranteed table at a certain time or have a little more flexibility with your schedule. 

Besides same waitstaff,  you're at the same table every night. You also know you don't need to rush because your table is yours. Knowing what time you're definitely/probably eating sometimes makes it easier to plan your night around. But these could all be things that might make My Time Dining a better option for you.

Some here have observed that during MTD, the wait staff seems more rushed and less attentive than during traditional dining times; and that meals sometimes take inordinately long to have orders taken and food delivered. Not all, and not every sailing, but something to consider if part of your expectations for dining are that the staff will be reliably attentive and meals reasonably consistent in experience.

I personally always choose late dining, partly because we tend to eat later at home and eating at 5:30 or 6:00 is really unappealing, partly because it means we don't have to rush back to the ship on a shore day. Having done two cruises where all meals were in the MDR, my personal impression is that with late dining the staff are generally less stressed and able to give more of that "classic cruise dining" experience.

I pretty much exclusively use My Time for the ability to vary night to night based on plans.  Traditional dining generally has better service because the entire dining room is in sync.  With My Time it's possible for many tables to be out of sync, one table just sitting down while the next table over is having their entree placed before them. This can cause more work for the wait staff to manage.  

That being said eating solo as I often do I typically have very fast service and rarely do I experience the service issues that I see reports of.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

They try their best to place with you the same wait staff every night with My Time but sometimes it's just not possible.

33 minutes ago, twangster said:

I pretty much exclusively use My Time for the ability to vary night to night based on plans.  Traditional dining generally has better service because the entire dining room is in sync.  With My Time it's possible for many tables to be out of sync, one table just sitting down while the next table over is having their entree placed before them. This can cause more work for the wait staff to manage.  

That being said eating solo as I often do I typically have very fast service and rarely do I experience the service issues that I see reports of.  Maybe I'm just lucky.

They try their best to place with you the same wait staff every night with My Time but sometimes it's just not possible.

Your experience with MTD and mine/ours has been the same, a lot of times I not only get the same wait staff, but if not the same table one very close to it. I personally enjoy the fact that dinner is not a long drawn out affair as we generaly only allow ourselves desert once a cruise.  For me a couple of hours at dinner is way to long.