crown and anchor benefits for pre-gold

lhm0204

I am just signed up for Crown & Anchor.  We are going on a cruise is late June.  They said I was pre-gold since I have no cruise credits yet.  Is there any Crown & Anchor benefits I can take advantage of at this point??  Like when we go to the port to check-in, can I use the Crown & Anchor lines??  anything else??  Thanks!!

I am just signed up for Crown & Anchor. We are going on a cruise is late June. They said I was pre-gold since I have no cruise credits yet. Is there any Crown & Anchor benefits I can take advantage of at this point?? Like when we go to the port to check-in, can I use the Crown & Anchor lines?? anything else?? Thanks!!

I Think you may have to complete your first Cruise First, to start the Benefits, like priority check in. I could be mistaken though, was 2006 when I signed up so don't remember.

You can always call the Crown and anchor society. There someone there to answer any questions you have, 24 hours a day I think.

I signed Reynaline's sister up for Crown & Anchor before her first cruise. When I got the boarding passes it showed her as Crown & Anchor Gold. And she had zero days at that point. As for benefits like Priority Check In it depends upon the port, sometimes they enforce the lines other times that do not seem to care. 

I'm not sure, but I think you are making a common mistake between being a gold level Crown & Anchor member and having a gold-colored seapass card.

Only Suites Guests and Pinnacle C&A members (who have gold-colored cards) get the departure lounge with continental b'fast.  As many times as I have traveled with a gold card, I have never managed to get to the terminal early enough to take advantage of that continental b'fast !!  Perhaps one day !

Being "pre-gold", you get no benefits but you are eligible for certain C&A member only offers.  

The reasons to sign up before your first cruise are to get access to C&A offers and to have one less thing to do later on following your first cruise.  

As others said, you might get lucky and be able to sneak into some Gold-level benefits onboard but I wouldn't expect anything beyond some emails.

Priority check-in is listed as a gold benefit,  as is a departure lounge continental breakfast.

We are sailing out of Seattle.

I'm not sure, but I think you are making a common mistake between being a gold level Crown & Anchor member and having a gold-colored seapass card.

Some number of years ago, they added "priority" check-in lines for Gold C&A members as well. So, basically every tier of Crown & Anchor has their own check-in line to separate them from the non-C&A members, I guess.

As far as departure lounge, what I've usually seen is that there is a lounge available for all C&A tiers.

As a lowly gold card member (hey, I know my place), should I have a physical card or will it show on my paperwork?

I'd hate to wait in line and they ask me for my non-existent card, then have yet another wait in the commoners' line!

Some number of years ago, they added "priority" check-in lines for Gold C&A members as well. So, basically every tier of Crown & Anchor has their own check-in line to separate them from the non-C&A members, I guess.

As far as departure lounge, what I've usually seen is that there is a lounge available for all C&A tiers.

Yes I have heard that too. That there is a departure lounge for all C&A members. I think there is also a welcome back event for Crown and anchor members. I'm not sure if that applies to pre-gold however.

You guys are probably right !  Like I said, I have never gotten to use or see ANY lounge at the pier so there could be a dozen of them and I wouldn't even know it !

I keep trying to get there early enough but by the time I get there, they are already letting people on the ship so I just skedaddle and get on !

As a lowly gold card member (hey, I know my place), should I have a physical card or will it show on my paperwork?

I'd hate to wait in line and they ask me for my non-existent card, then have yet another wait in the commoners' line!

Look at your ticket, it should say Gold.  Show it at the check in and they will direct you to the correct line.   I really liked being Gold, the line was always short, now they lump Platinum, Emerald and sometimes Diamond together.  But still its quicker than the cattle line..

Yes I have heard that too. That there is a departure lounge for all C&A members. I think there is also a welcome back event for Crown and anchor members. I'm not sure if that applies to pre-gold however.

There are two welcome back parties: one for all Crown & Anchor members, and one for "top tier" members (Platinum and higher). I suspect that the former would be for Gold and higher as they would be checking for a Crown & Anchor level to be printed on the SeaPass card, and a pre-registered Crown & Anchor member wouldn't have any such notation listed on their SeaPass.

You are not Gold until you complete your first cruise.  They are just calling you pre gold since you registered, but you are not gold yet.  Your paperwork is correct in not calling you anything yet with crown and anchor since you have not obtained any level yet.  After your first cruise is complete, when you book your second cruise your paperwork should say Gold.

I am not sailing until end of June. I have my set sail pass, but I see nowhere on there that gold (or anything about C&A) is mentioned. I guess I will see what my actually ticket and sea pass say when I get them! Thanks all !!

Have you signed up for the Crown and Anchor Program?

You can go to Royal Caribbean's site there should be a link for joining crown and anchor Program at the bottom of the page, or menu area. it is free. You can also call Royal Caribbean to join, that way they can attach your crown and anchor member number, to your booking number in June.

If you join before your cruise, you're considered pre-gold, but at least you will get credit automatically after you complete your first cruise, because your crown and anchor member number is already attached to your booking number.

I am taking my friend for her first ever cruise, in September. I helped her join the Crown and anchor society before our cruise on the Majesty.

Yes, that is what I stated above, I have already joined and am a pre-gold member. it is linked to my reservation. this question was just about whether or not there were any perks I could take advantage of being a pre-gold. and that was answered, no

Sorry missed that somewhere. I am claiming a blond moment!!! 😳

We all Started Pre-Gold. I am still just gold myself with 15 points. I am going on my 3rd Royal Caribbean Cruise ship on Allure in May, and Booked another on Majesty in Sept. Trying to work my way up to platinum.

Okay Matt now that is funny. This was my mom's favorite song, the four Seasons version. Every time she started started talking about Frankie Vali I would roll my eyes ;)

Now that you say that, I agree the Four Seasons version is the version I prefer too.

All I have stuck in my head now is the Spinners song: "Working my way back to you babe"

Haha!!! 😜 Great Song!!!! I guess I would not consider taking a cruise as working, so let me rephrase my statement...

"Trying to get myself to Platinum level in the C&A, one Cruise at a time!!" 😉

Haha!!! 😜 Great Song!!!! I guess I would not consider taking a cruise as working, so let me rephrase my statement...

"Trying to get myself to Platinum level in the C&A, one Cruise at a time!!" 😉

Okay I messed up on the last post. Kathy I'll be Diamond after Oasis. Finally, 3 hours of free drinks! ;)