Royal Up - Sky Class to Star Class

bossdog421

58 days to go on my 7 day Harmony cruise, getting super excited. I just got the royal up email. I am currently booked in Crown Loft Suite (Sky Class). I am near the top end of my budget when adding in the drink package and the overwater cabana.

Most of the room upgrades are well beyond what i am willing to spend except the 2 bedroom Aqua Theater. The minimum bid is 500pp. I realize that the minimum bid is unlikely to win but it may be worth a shot.

My question is: Do you get all of the perks of star class if you win a royal up bid? If i get unlimited drinks  I could cancel my drink package and end up barely paying more than i am now. Unlimited specialty dinning isn't something we were looking at but that would be a huge plus, same with getting a genie.

9 minutes ago, WAAAYTOOO said:

Yes. If you are upgraded to a Star Class suite, you get all the SC amenities including the Genie

??

Very good to hear, I'm going to do some math and go a beyond the min bid then!

When do they typically let you know if the bid is accepted? At least a couple days prior i'd hope. Now i'm dreaming of genies for my 10th Anniversary suite party ?. Going to do it either way but it would be so much better with a little magic.

33 minutes ago, bossdog421 said:

This also wont interfere with any on board credits I already got as part of my initial promo either right?

All of the booking promotions from your original booking (AoNC etc) will move over with your upgrade. What would NOT move with you are cabin-type promotions such as those that go along with Central Park and Boardwalk rooms. 

1 hour ago, AshleyDillo said:

For $500/person bid I would jump on that if you're thinking about doing the drink package anyways.  But I also wouldn't have booked into a Sky class to begin with unless it had been a heck of a bargain..so that extra $1000 won't break the bank at that point ??

I had a pretty good deal on the initial booking. I was ready to splurge since the beginning. I usually get 1 good trip in a year and this one is the 10th anniversary. So YOLO!

I bid a bit more than the minimum but still only slightly above budget neutral