Royal Caribbean Blog

11 hours ago, tinman1224 said:

My wife and l were on the Grandeur twice, once on the Enchantment. Both ships in the same class, somebody last time l was on the blog said they could fit a bigger ship under the Key bridge, when l got the email about the Grandeur l was hoping they would go to the next bigger class ship, like the vision class We were on the Jewel of the Sea, absolutely love that ship. My wife and l have been on bigger ships in RCI, but everybody has a favorite. I got to say this about the Grandeur, the staff on that ship they are top shelve! Now we all know that RCI has some of the best staff on all there ships in the business. But both times on the Grandeur they were incredible!!! They stood out over the other crews on the other ships. Now don't get me wrong my wife and l haven't had a bad crew yet on any of the other RCI ships, but the Grandeur crew was the best in our book! I feel any other ship that gets there crew will be incredible lucky. I feel everything will work out for everybody, including the Grandeur!

You are correct on what will fit under the bridges ....... Radiance Class ships are, apparently, the same size as the Carnival Pride (the Baltimore ported Carnival ship) ..... so, that opens the door to potentially Brilliance, Serenade, Jewel and/or Radiance being able to come to Charm City ..... but instead, they stuck with Vision Class (albeit, slightly bigger) Enchantment -- I am curious to see how Enchantment works out, since she was here before Grandeur, but with the lack of Specialty Restaurants, (no Giovanni's Table or Izumi), I wonder if there will be any blow-back, or, if they could be added before her arrival in '21.  I know, for us, Izumi, by far, has been our favorite Specialty Restaurant.... so glad she's being added to Freedom.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i am so sad. Now I have to book more cruises to console myself. Where is my Husband's card?

I am too.  Lady G held a special place in my heart, first cruise with my husband who is now terminally ill.  The staff and crew were the absolute best.  Both cruises provided us though with fabulous l

Yeah, @twangster and I were chatting about that ..... perhaps Bloody Marylander (for my public love of Bloody Maryland's) ..... or perhaps a combo name like Entchantimore - but, of course, that would

Posted Images

After all Royal Caribbean did not sell to other cruise company. Lady G is just jioning the sister company Pullmantur Cruises (Parents company is Royal Caribbean).Possible she will sail in Europe instead.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/royal-caribbean-grandeur-of-the-seas-leaves-baltimore-replaced-by-enchantment-of-the-seas/29564759

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pullmantur+Cruises&rlz=1CAEAQE_enUS718US718&oq=Pullmantur+Cruises&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

47 minutes ago, Susie said:

After all Royal Caribbean did not sell to other cruise company. Lady G is just jioning the sister company Pullmantur Cruises (Parents company is Royal Caribbean).Possible she will sail in Europe instead.

https://www.wbaltv.com/article/royal-caribbean-grandeur-of-the-seas-leaves-baltimore-replaced-by-enchantment-of-the-seas/29564759

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pullmantur+Cruises&rlz=1CAEAQE_enUS718US718&oq=Pullmantur+Cruises&aqs=chrome..69i57&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Exactly ...... She's still in the family ...... would she ever come back?  Doubtful.... but, you never know..... just look at Empress.  As for Pullmantur, along with Grandeur, she'll be sailing with her older sisters, Monarch and Sovereign.

14 minutes ago, coneyraven said:

Exactly ...... She's still in the family ...... would she ever come back?  Doubtful.... but, you never know..... just look at Empress.  As for Pullmantur, along with Grandeur, she'll be sailing with her older sisters, Monarch and Sovereign.

Does anybody know anything about Pullmantur? Until the posting about Grandeur, I had never heard about the company.

15 minutes ago, FManke said:

Does anybody know anything about Pullmantur? Until the posting about Grandeur, I had never heard about the company.

No, I don't know much about it. Just knew that they got Empress for a few years then transfer back to Royal again. According to Wikipedia  has 49% of the company other 51% own by Springwater Capital. The link to Wikipedia below if anyone interest

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pullmantur_Cruises

19 hours ago, FManke said:

Currently Sovereign and Monarch are cruising with them.

Splendour and Legend are currently with Marella formerly TUI as Marella Discovery and Discovery 2 which is also partly owned by Royal Caribbean as well.

We have not sailed Grandeur yet.   Baltimore is practically in our back yard so I guess I take it for granted she would always be waiting to take us on a trip.

Looks like I need to book her before it's too late. 

No complaints about Enchantment, she was our first RCI cruise.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
8 minutes ago, twangster said:

I suspect it's more a question of the receiving cruise line continuing on the same time line.  

Just as Royal is delaying new terminals and amplifications, will Pullmantur pick up the phone and inform Royal they can't take Grandeur until some future date?

Yeah, that would break my heart ... lol

On 4/16/2020 at 8:33 AM, twangster said:

I suspect it's more a question of the receiving cruise line continuing on the same time line.  

Just as Royal is delaying new terminals and amplifications, will Pullmantur pick up the phone and inform Royal they can't take Grandeur until some future date?

Just curious to know...is the deal "as is" or would Royal do some level of refurbishments, before turning it over? 

• 7 months later...