Royal Caribbean Blog

What cruises are you waiting to book?

With the impending release of the 2017-18 cruise schedule, I know that I'm anxiously awaiting booking something for March 2018. I'm really hoping that I'll find something good on Harmony of the Seas.

Is anyone else waiting for cruises that they're interested in to be released?

Thanksgiving 2017 - Hoping I can make Harmony make sense for that week by booking "on day one" but I have a feeling I am not going to like the price when I see it :( If not then hopefully something catches my eye as an alternate itinerary for that week or I will have to go look at other brands again.

I want to be loyal to royal ... really I do ....

One other thing pushing my interest toward Harmony of the Seas is the EAT.DRINK.PLAY promotion that Royal Caribbean is offering on Central Park or Boardwalk balcony cabins (including a free dining option and a free beverage option, depending on your cabin choice). That little bonus may help make it slightly better, especially if I can combine it with the Diamond balcony discount.

One other thing pushing my interest toward Harmony of the Seas is the EAT.DRINK.PLAY promotion that Royal Caribbean is offering on Central Park or Boardwalk balcony cabins (including a free dining option and a free beverage option, depending on your cabin choice). That little bonus may help make it slightly better, especially if I can combine it with the Diamond balcony discount.

I'm definitely interested in the Central Park Balcony for my booking - especially after this Allure content from the Group Cruise. 

We will be on Empress this April 9 nights B2B and then Navigator for 14 nights next April B2B 5 night then 9.  We really want to try Serenade hopefully between then.  Liberty is booked right now in Oct but hoping to change that to Serenade.  That ship just looks so classy with all of its new rooms and furniture/carpet ect.  I've never done Radiance class!!   We will be looking for something on Harmony as well with the new releases.  Looking for one of those can't pass up deals.  Im sure the itineraries for Harmony will be just as not exciting as Oasis and Allure though.  

• 2 weeks later...

I love/hate this time of year ... driving myself crazy trying to get the schedule information ahead of time so I am ready to book on day one (might be some obsessive disorder issues to address in my next cruise therapy session ... 17 days and counting).

Looks like Allure is doing the Western Caribbean Thanksgiving week which should mean Harmony is on the Eastern Run ... leaving Saturday 11/18 out of Ft Lauderdale with a sea day for Thanksgiving day which works out well.

So .... just need to see some pricing and I can start rounding up my crew to make reservations :) ... and then wait another year for the next schedule roll forward :(

I know the feeling.

I had a bit of a scare this morning when I saw that someone at Cruise Critic had posted that the "Winter Caribbean" schedule wouldn't be out until the week of March 30. I really want to plan my March 2018 cruise in advance of my sailing on Freedom of the Seas next week so I can take advantage of onboard booking.

Then I figured out that they had incorrectly posted the 2016-2017 schedule.

Whew!

While I know everyone is different and handle bookings in their own way, these cruises are years away. Not looking at 2017, looking at can I add another cruise before my May 2016 cruise, and how about a early summer cruise in 2016. Do most poster here really book years out or are many looking for cruises within the next six months or so?

I like to book cruises as early as possible in order to attempt to get the best pricing possible. I've found that prices generally go up after the schedules are released. If they do go down, I can call Royal Caribbean and get my booking's price adjusted to the lower rate.

I've been booking at least a year out for most of my cruises, sometimes more.  This is especially useful in Europe as it gives you more time to look for good air deals.  Because I had booked my cruise well in advance, I was able to snag airfare nearly a year out for less than $700 roundtrip from the West Coast to Sweden, returning from Denmark.  I paid nearly $500 for shorter flights last year.